SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Developer: York Street No. 1 Ltd (Allied Real Estate)
Architect: Robinson McIlwaine Architects
Contractor: Lagan Construction
Floor space: 407 student rooms / 1 retail unit
Height: 36.63M (13 floors)
Cost: £20m

Images courtesy of FutureBelfast

·
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some new images were made available to FutureBelfast. Post above updated.

I know it's brick and some are getting bored of it as a material of choice for a lot of new buildings in Belfast but I really like the design, looks like it'll be of excellent quality.

Hopefully the site(s) to the left will see some new development as a result of the transformation this area is about to undergo

·
Registered
833 Posts
Agreed, I actually think it looks class. I just wish they would hurry up and start with the building. I think the whole area will be amazing once they new apartments are up and the final phase off the University Campus is completed.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Looks good to me too. I think there will be enough variation of red brick and white/cream brick buildings in the area once all are complete.

Although with all of these proposals, there must be approximately 14 billion student rooms in the planning queue lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very much depends on the quality of materials used, this one. It's still open whether the folks behind all the applications around the university have the intention to match the quality of finish of the university itself, we'll start to get indications soon I guess.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts