SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great photos, thanks for posting.

Also interesting to see how much empty space there is between Dunbar Link and the M3. If the warehouses between the 2 Patrick Streets were pulled down it would make for a great single site for a huge development.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Yeah, this is definitely the pick of the bunch in this cluster. A pity it isn't the one on the corner opposite the University, it's a far superior design to the buff coloured one going there instead.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I was wondering about the extension part as I thought they would have built it all at the same time when they purchased the neighbouring site about a year or so ago. It must be more expensive to construct them separately as I think the plan is for them to link to the larger building rather than two separate buildings that look the same from the outside.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
This is probably one of the best student blocks in the city, if not the entire Island. Really high quality finish and it looks excellent up close. Commercial units on the ground floor too!!

Just wish it was on the corner of Great Patrick St and York Street instead of this utter shite....

·
Registered
840 Posts
Such a strange extension and set of circumstances. Was the land owned by someone else but designed by the same architect as its bound to be a lot more expensive to build the extension than just build it all in one go.

·
22,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Such a strange extension and set of circumstances. Was the land owned by someone else but designed by the same architect as its bound to be a lot more expensive to build the extension than just build it all in one go.
The land was owned by someone else when the original block was designed and approved. I think they finalised the sale of the plot after construction had commenced.

An office block was proposed for the plot. I think it was approved but can't recall.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts