SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Slightly disappointed that the ground floor doesn't include any commercial/retail space. The lack of active frontages is my biggest gripe with many of these schemes. The areas definitely going to need alot more convenience shops, bars, restaurants, cafes etc.

Moxy or a CitizenM hotel would suit with this area quite well too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have mixed feelings on this one. Glad that it fills a space but it's not exactly inspiring. I hate the existing set of apartments beside it as well just no soul or character in any of these city centre developments. I knoe the sunflower is very popular but not sure how viable any other cafes would be down there until students have actually moved in.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I hate the existing set of apartments beside it as well just no soul or character in any of these city centre developments.
Agreed, the existing apartments on the adjacent site are about as ugly as it's possible to imagine. Hard to believe that it's located in an area that was once crammed full of attractive red brick warehouses.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Had a wander over to Library Street today to see how this block was progressing. No sign or anyone on site or any progress above fence level.

Has this one been mothballed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts