SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
If many of these blocks are primarily occupied by transient workers then there must be a very limited sense of community in these places?
A lot of the transient workers are developers from india who bring young families but only have 1 year visa's. They seem to have a fair bit of community probably more than if it was just locals. I dont think those sort of apartments are really meant for anything other than short term stays.

·
Registered
840 Posts
It doesnt make much sense though if they have a sign up saying all sold. It does make you wonder, unless the contractor has hit major difficulties on a seperate project.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Coming up to 18 months under construction. What a splendid piece of work.

IMGP0314
by hypnotoad24, on Flickr
Whoah there Ted, don't want to be too negative round these here parts ;)

Yeah it's ridiculous. I've been by on the bus and, seen it from the bridge by central station and there couldn't be more than 3 or 4 people ever on site. It's like they're angling to build the most derelict looking structure for when the best Crash happens and they have to give up.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Financed via loans ? Pure speculation (don't sue me) but perhaps the lenders are not releasing the $$$$ to the developer or something ?

·
22,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It's most likely been almost entirely sold to foreign investors as rental investment. It means there won't be many local people waiting for their new apartments to be finished. I'd say completion by Autumn 2018 based on progress so far.

Colliers International New Homes are the selling agent. An email to them might firm up expected completion date.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
literally scrolled back and forth 4 times to try and work out did they really add a new floor or hadn't they :lol:

This will soon be ongoing for 2 years. Cray cray

41 - 60 of 88 Posts