SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is not going to stand the test of time, I reckon it'll weather rapidly over the first couple of years.

Also odd choice of cladding material to the ground floor car park area given the fires in England recently and the call for removal of combustible materials from residential buildings

·
Registered
716 Posts
It's incredible 'whiteness' makes it stick out for miles around. Exacerbated by the fact it stands proud and alone in a sea of wasteland. I hate it. It doesn't look like anyone even lives in it.
Yeah, it's an odd location right next to Bridge End rat run, but since it backs on to the Sirocco/Waterside site you'd like to think there would be a nice bit of density for it to lean back on to in time.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yeah, I really don't like it because of the white. It's okay right now just to look at first a second or walk past, but in a few months it will have started to turn green and yellow. Plus, the ground floor is extremely ugly

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Yeah, I really don't like it because of the white. It's okay right now just to look at first a second or walk past, but in a few months it will have started to turn green and yellow. Plus, the ground floor is extremely ugly
Maybe it's made out of a different building material, but the Ashby building never seems to lose it's brilliant whiteness. The wooden 'jetty' at the front might need some wood stain to protect it from the rain

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Ashby and Arc are both concrete. This is a cheap render
You seem to know your stuff about building materials. Do you happen to know how the concrete surface of Russell Court (bottom of Lisburn Road) was created, always thought it looked very classy. I'm guessing a comb was dragged through the wet concrete to get the grooved effect, would you know how it was then coloured grey & white? Painted perhaps.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts