SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 154 Posts

·
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Application to be approved today at the BCC committee today.

The height has also been revised from 15 to 17 stories, it'll be 72.7m to the top of the roof, making it the 4th tallest in Belfast and on the island (until Capital Dock (79m) in Dublin is complete)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Application to be approved today at the BCC committee today.

The height has also been revised from 15 to 17 stories, it'll be 72.7m to the top of the roof, making it the 4th tallest in Belfast and on the island (until Capital Dock (79m) in Dublin is complete)
That's good news, a bit more respectable. Do these things all happen at once, are we to expect more to get the go-ahead? I've noticed a tendency towards a raft of updates at different times.

·
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That's good news, a bit more respectable. Do these things all happen at once, are we to expect more to get the go-ahead? I've noticed a tendency towards a raft of updates at different times.
Yeah there'll be other approvals as well, this is probably just been made known now given the scale. They'll meet early this evening

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Fantastic news. With this, the Brunswick Street development, the Grand Central and the whole Ritas/Perch/Sweet Afton redevelopment, this corner of Belfast will be unrecognisable compared to 5 years ago.

Hopefully, given it was previously stated that the building was to commence in Q3 2016, with the increase in floors it indicates that there is a client lined up for the building, and construction can get underway sooner rather than later.

Once all developments are complete, hopefully there is some plan to relay the roads and repave the pavements. Though i guess that might eventually fall under the Liner Quarter plan.

·
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Fantastic news. With this, the Brunswick Street development, the Grand Central and the whole Ritas/Perch/Sweet Afton redevelopment, this corner of Belfast will be unrecognisable compared to 5 years ago.

Hopefully, given it was previously stated that the building was to commence in Q3 2016, with the increase in floors it indicates that there is a client lined up for the building, and construction can get underway sooner rather than later.

Once all developments are complete, hopefully there is some plan to relay the roads and repave the pavements. Though i guess that might eventually fall under the Liner Quarter plan.
I think Deloitte will take most/all of the space

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks very good, kinda like a giant cubic R2D2 ;) That area will look great once the Windsor House hotel and the Hotel/Student Halls on the old Met site are complete.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is there any word on this?

It looks as though the site is being used as a builder yard for the building work behind it.

·
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

It looks as though the site is being used as a builder yard for the building work behind it.
May see movement once the Brunswick Street developments have completed given that McAleer and Rushe will be building Bedford Square as well.

·
Registered
840 Posts

I think both sites are being constructed by the same developer so work prob won't start until the hotel and student accommodation are complete.

I am hoping they leave it a little longer until they release another new Bedford Tower proposal, the last one was disgusting.

·
22,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I am hoping they leave it a little longer until they release another new Bedford Tower proposal, the last one was disgusting.

It's not that bad in fairness...disgusting is perhaps a touch harsh.

Given the problems they had with this application I doubt they're keen to delay it any longer than necessary. I think

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
More care, Less haste perhaps? I'd rather them take the time to make a suitably eye pleasing submission, especially with the Orthanc Hotel that'll be beside it once done.

Otherwise we're a bit of a sucker for masochism wanting a buliding built and then moaning about the terrible result afterwards - *when we had the power to change it from the outset!*

41 - 60 of 154 Posts