SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 154 Posts

·
COYS
1,707 Posts
Hoping to see movement on this as the site behind is wrapped up by McAleer. Feel like it will be the project that wraps the whole area up once it starts. Can't believe we're still speculating over a start date.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Excelkent news. Walking past it earlier I noticed fencing up on the footpath around the warehouse so I assume they are doing some preparation work on it.

·
22,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Excelkent news. Walking past it earlier I noticed fencing up on the footpath around the warehouse so I assume they are doing some preparation work on it.
Be fantastic to finally see the warehouse restored and put to new use. It's been sad watching it fall to ruin over the years.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm looking forward to the warehouse restoration.

I still think Bedford Square could have been a lot more inspiring. The grey cladding and square windows up the sides for what I assume are the fire escape or toilets (I never bothered to look for a floor plan) is pure boke.

·
22,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I'm looking forward to the warehouse restoration.

I still think Bedford Square could have been a lot more inspiring. The grey cladding and square windows up the sides for what I assume are the fire escape or toilets (I never bothered to look for a floor plan) is pure boke.
That render is a little different to the approved elevations. They will now be using a dark grey cladding and the windows have been split so there will be two narrow windows rather than one large square.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
At over 72 metres it'll be somewhere in between the height of the BT tower and the City Hospital (I think). Good enough.

Reactions: plank007

·
Registered
507 Posts
FutureBelfast indicating that construction will have commenced by the end of May.
I speculate, but I had seen yesterday that there are pedestrian diversions in front of the Ewarts Warehouse. Around the back a few workers were milling about with the warehouse door open. I wonder if they are moving to prepare the site.

·
COYS
1,707 Posts
Really looking forward to watching this one and the other 70m+ CQ3 rise.They are both really high quality looking and are going to change a lot of the vistas of their surrounding areas. The wee square in this one could feel very like the ones dotted around the towers in City of London, especially with the tall buildings contrasting the old and if the public realm is to the same high standard.

61 - 80 of 154 Posts