SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
It would look much better with charcoal paneling on the corners to match the Grand Central next door. Overall I dont think it will be the eye soar I first feared. But some very basic changes would go a long way to improve the buildings appearance.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Interesting as well from the brochure on the website that most of the tower is available for let. I assumed Deloitte were taking up most of the space, but they have taken the warehouse and nabbed the top floors in the tower.

With this, CQ3 and Paper Exchange, there's plenty of office space to be filled.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
And that. Plenty of space to go round. I wonder if Kainos will ultimately not proceed with Bankmore Square and make use of one of these large sites instead.

·
Registered
610 Posts
And that. Plenty of space to go round. I wonder if Kainos will ultimately not proceed with Bankmore Square and make use of one of these large sites instead.
Kainos already own the land so I doubt it as they won’t have to pay rent.
The G5 building I believe will get approval as it fits the council’s development plan as the gateway to the centre and Weaver’s cross.

·
22,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Interesting as well from the brochure on the website that most of the tower is available for let. I assumed Deloitte were taking up most of the space, but they have taken the warehouse and nabbed the top floors in the tower.

With this, CQ3 and Paper Exchange, there's plenty of office space to be filled.
Deloitte taking the 1st - 3rd floor as well. These connect to the Ewart Warehouse.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yea I wouldn't worry, it hasn't been fully understood but Belfast had a complete office space crunch before, Invest NI and local business community (takes pressure of rents) would prefer some capacity lying around.

Although with Olympic House, CQ3, Paper Exchange and probably a Kainos building I do see a stabilisation in new space. That's ok, one or two buildings at a time instead of 3-4 at once.

Wouldn't mind working in any of the buildings especially CQ3!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah it will be interesting. There was def a lot of interest from other Banks and it firms 12 months ago. They will all still need office space in some form as it is much easier train staff and build teams in an office but I think it will be more 2 days a week in and 3 wfh. Hopefully it frees up commutes a lot more. This 7.30 to 9.00 grid lock with crack people up when there is no need for it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Image from strata waterproofing taken on top of O’Neil building Great Victoria street.
Looks close to the core topping out judging from height relative to crane. This perspective makes the crane (80-90m) and hence the building look shorter compared to grand central.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts