SkyscraperCity banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
22,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Is there any credibility to the rumour that Asda are once again trying to purchase the site to build a supermarket?
Doubt it, the era of massive supermarket new-builds seems to be behind us. Walmat has also put the business up for sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, long time lurker here, I thought I would come out of the woodwork for a moment.

Just curious if anyone else has seen the activity on the site where the large office building is set to be built.

There seems to be site offices, construction vehicles and 2 large mobile cranes in place, however no piling rig.

Would this be the start of the first phase, or something completely unrelated.

Apologies in advance if this happens to be nothing.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hello everyone, long time lurker here, I thought I would come out of the woodwork for a moment.

Just curious if anyone else has seen the activity on the site where the large office building is set to be built.

There seems to be site offices, construction vehicles and 2 large mobile cranes in place, however no piling rig.

Would this be the start of the first phase, or something completely unrelated.

Apologies in advance if this happens to be nothing.
I imagine this is the start, the piling rig should arrive soon I guess. Did you get any photos?

·
Registered
4 Posts
No photos unfortunately, I just drive past the site every morning and have a quick nosey.

They have been on the site from at least Monday though, and it has been very active with at least a few dozen working away.

Fingers crossed I haven't been describing something completely unrelated.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts