SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First mentioned by Usatibo here Official Belfast Thread

Developers: Heron Bros and Local Housing Association (asked while portal was down heard was dept of communities)

Architects: Todd Architects Bruce Street Mixed Use Development, Belfast - TODD Architects

Height: 14/11 (office) and unknown (residential) floors

Two grade A office blocks and multi unit residential accommodation. Pedestrian routes through scheme. Each office tower will have retail at base.

planning ref: (will add likely PAN or outline when portal back up)

·
Registered
930 Posts
This development cannot go ahead fast enough. Not sure if it's just speculative to sell on or if the developer will go ahead with it.
The gable wall on the holiday inn will always be an eye sore but hopefully less noticeable unless you work in the office window directly facing it.

·
22,577 Posts
Yeah Andras House leased the land for development but did bugger all with it.

The Housing Executive owns the land and had Andras' lease terminated. The HE have been cooperating with new developers for a revised plan for the site.

·
22,577 Posts
I think that’s just grey as it’s not part of this development. I don’t think that land is owned by the HE.

The grey area immediately behind the hotel is currently their service yard while the area behind the existing terrace buildings have a second fence separating it from the wider site.

·
COYS
1,746 Posts
This project and the couple others around Bruce street will really seek to urbanise such a godforsaken corner of the city centre. Should be a winner with the new transit hub across the road.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This project and the couple others around Bruce street will really seek to urbanise such a godforsaken corner of the city centre. Should be a winner with the new transit hub across the road.
I'm really hoping that the Bruce Street development will encourage regeneration on that section of Great Victoria Street.

·
saulalvarez
233 Posts
Could be the most transformative development the city has seen if it goes ahead. That corner of town has an eerie feel to it, and it's actually worse in broad daylight than it is a night. When the inlaws are over from Scandinavia I have to make a conscious effort to not walk down this street with them. These types of streets have become too commonplace in British/Irish towns and cities in general.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts