SkyscraperCity banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Aren't they trying to make it something like the Temple Bar area in Dublin? Last time I was there it was overcrowded, lots of hen and stag party crowds around and it all felt a bit grubby. But if they want to attract the crowds that's how it goes. Might be okay in Belfast, as we don't have as large a population as other cities. A friend of mine was out in the area a couple of weekends ago and said it was pretty dead - guess it depends on the weekend!
Yeah, I think that's what Wolsey, Willie Jack and now Lawrence Kenwright are aiming for. Just wish they could get Hill St pedestrianised and get the taxis outta there. Would make the environment so much better... and safer.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I see the scaffolding on the MAC is almost down, after what surely must be several years. Hopefully that's the cladding issues fixed :hmm:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Good luck for those staying there and getting serenaded by the clowns belting out a butchered assortment of ed shearin, coldplay and george ezra covers at a decibel level louder than supersonic aircraft in the dirty onion.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Hill Street Hotel has been approved...
It looks like the design has changed, in that it doesn't have those dark timber bits on the front anymore.

Good luck for those staying there and getting serenaded by the clowns belting out a butchered assortment of ed shearin, coldplay and george ezra covers at a decibel level louder than supersonic aircraft in the dirty onion.
On an openhouse tour around Bullitt a few years ago, they explained they installed quadruple glazing in the bedroom windows to prevent the noisy courtyard from being heard within the rooms. Might be needing something similar here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a while and there has been a lot of interesting discussions, i was wondering if any of you's could help with my thesis project for Queens University Belfast surrounding university led regeneration and studentification in North Belfast.

It is a short questionnaire that will take 5 minutes looking residents, students and workers of North Belfast to complete by clicking or copying the link below, allow contributions are anonymous.

Any contribution is much appreciated and if you know of more people willing to participate please forward the link above.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Btw linking this twitter account doesn’t mean I agree fully with them, it’s just the post that I saw saying proposals were being looked at today.

201 - 210 of 210 Posts