SkyscraperCity banner

821 - 840 of 921 Posts

·
reach for the skies
763 Posts
I'm wondering if there's another tower crane to go up, as judging by the renders it doesn't look as tall as expected. This one looks the right height for the tower section closest to CQ2, but the tower on the AC hotel side is shown as taller. Or maybe it's just perspective thing?

·
Registered
55 Posts
As I was browsing Belfast Harbour website, I've noticed they have recently added some early-stage information for the proposed built-to-rent City Quays 4.

You can access the documents here:
https://www.belfast-harbour.co.uk/cityquays/city-quays-4-build-to-rent

Something interesting drew my attention:
Given the prominence of the site within the City, Belfast City Council will expect a tall
building at City Quays 4 to be designed to a very high architectural standard, with high
quality materials, active ground floor uses and high quality public realm. The designs
for public realm enhancement opportunities adjacent to the Harbour Offices and
around City Quays are currently being developed by Belfast Harbour.
I'm not sure how realistic this is but it looks very promising!

·
Registered
757 Posts
That's an interesting statement about the city council's high expectations for City Quays in terms of quality. Have the Council decided that some areas should have the best possible standards, while they've given up on some parts of the city!? Very strange.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
As I was browsing Belfast Harbour website, I've noticed they have recently added some early-stage information for the proposed built-to-rent City Quays 4.

You can access the documents here:
https://www.belfast-harbour.co.uk/cityquays/city-quays-4-build-to-rent

Something interesting drew my attention:

I'm not sure how realistic this is but it looks very promising!
Looks excellent. Far better than cluttering up the space between CQ3 and the Harbour offices with more office blocks.

The additional green space in Corporation Square would replace on street parking, so entirely feasible.

They could surely get this underway as soon as CQ3 is finished.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Currently City Quays Gardens filled with parked cars, would be excellent if the Harbour stick with this and remove all the surface parking.

821 - 840 of 921 Posts