SkyscraperCity banner

861 - 880 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Good to see work continuing so well. We are lucky to have an institution like Belfast Harbour behind it.

We are going on a rota'ed basis from September too. I think its too early to tell what will happen, but I think the debate might have gone full circle though, I see opinion pieces and the like making a re-commitment to the office, many missing contact time and such.

Further, I think we will see the death of hot desking; meaning firms need to rethink their space needs (increasing them in many cases were firms are still viable) it might be good for cheaper cities like Belfast, Manchester etc as London and Dublin max out available office space.

The death of hot-desking, a cost saving masquerading as a HR fad
The death of hot-desking, a cost saving masquerading as a HR fad

An obituary for hot-desking: The dreadfully unnatural stain on office culture is finally on its way out

·
Registered
500 Posts
Also - working at the kitchen table might be OK for a few months, but ergonomically its a disaster. Once companies start getting on the hook for home office furniture as tools required for the job ... add into that the requirement for a stable and fast internet connection; which companies long term won't be able to escape paying for... we might yet see a sudden re-commitment to the office environment...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Building currently 68 meters high, planning application say the max they can go to is 74, Bedford might overtake it

861 - 880 of 906 Posts