SkyscraperCity banner

881 - 900 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
2 weeks, may have been a covid outbreak. Or just a delay at getting materials in.
Yea I can't remember exact details but remember reading that they were to start steelwork in such and such a month, and was surprised to see that they actually started a month earlier than that for whatever reason. So it may have just been them getting ahead of themselves on steel deliveries.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I take it hotel doesn’t count as commercial? As it states it will be Belfast’s tallest commercial building.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The glazing looks nice
It does, yet again the Harbour makes use of decent quality stuff.

Interesting to see the white tiles on the side of the building seem arranged more uniformly than the renders suggested. Should lead to a better appearance if that is maintained the whole way up.

Edit- some earlier renders had the uniform spacing so they must be using that design instead. Good.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It might be wishful thinking but I believe the Obel will be less of an eyesore if the City Quays waterfront can make a highrise cluster to compliment it. Especially if CQ4 takes place.
One side of the obel is an eyesore, the glass front I like. We need a tall building on the other side to cover that up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One side of the obel is an eyesore, the glass front I like. We need a tall building on the other side to cover that up.
Wondered if this might help a bit with the view from the new university if it ever went up. Would take more than just this though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wondered if this might help a bit with the view from the new university if it ever went up. Would take more than just this though.

I saw images of this posted earlier but couldn’t pin down an address thanks, I’ll lol further into this application.

881 - 900 of 906 Posts