SkyscraperCity banner

921 - 940 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Really big fan of City Quays. Reminds me of the modern architecture around Christianshavn in Copenhagen. Very classy

Thanks Toad. Always great photos and updates
Exactly what I thought... just need the iconic outdoor swimming/diving pool and a a flurry of outside cafes and we won't be far off.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Belfast Harbour are a superb developer. Looking forward to seeing their plans for the BTR residential tower beside the hotel and future projects for the remaining vacant land.
I know, I would love one mad building there, like we don't generally have the economics do support buildings with differing forms, but that one site and with a backer like Belfast Harbour could make something nice.

I'm thinking like the Turning Torso in Malmo, a smaller London's cheesegrater, or a smaller CIBC Square from Toronto. Although something new without copying of course and something that fits Belfast and fits the site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Speaking of turning torso, I remember something similar was in one of the master plans for Belfast, possibly the odyssey master plan? Sadly FutureBelfast is still down so can't find it but I was always hoping it would get approved and built, very unlikely to ever see the light of day now though.

921 - 940 of 943 Posts