398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Developer:Kilmona property limited
Architect: Coogan and co.
Floors:14
Height: 54.6m
Cost: 55mil

IMG_4506.JPG

Very similar to Lanyon view, this is shared after news of it going to planning committee again. It was originally approved in 2016 but deferred after judicial review.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Planning decision postponed pending site visit due to 600 letters of objection from the save the market campaign, despite the planning report, covering all their issues with the site and proving scale, massing and no light effect.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Planning decision postponed pending site visit due to 600 letters of objection from the save the market campaign, despite the planning report, covering all their issues with the site and proving scale, massing and no light effect.
*proving there is no scale massing or shadow problem.

·
reach for the skies
761 Posts
Perhaps someone could explain to them that there actually are no skyscrapers in Belfast! As a skyscraper is a building of height 150+ meters (or 40+ storeys/floors), there are currently no proposals for any skyscrapers in the Markets area - or Belfast, for that matter. I suspect the reality is that they want the area for more social housing development?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perhaps someone could explain to them that there actually are no skyscrapers in Belfast! As a skyscraper is a building of height 150+ meters (or 40+ storeys/floors), there are currently no proposals for any skyscrapers in the Markets area - or Belfast, for that matter. I suspect the reality is that they want the area for more social housing development?
Which shouldn’t happen as it’s too close to the cbd. It’s clear from the offset by them calling it a skyscraper that they are poorly educated in this area.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I believe that planning permission should be granted for the development.

But I've got to say I'm indifferent as to whether or not it gets built.

We have dozens of empty buildings, sites and surface carparks closer to the centre where I'd prefer to see investment go before we extend the centre outwards

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that planning permission should be granted for the development.

But I've got to say I'm indifferent as to whether or not it gets built.

We have dozens of empty buildings, sites and surface carparks closer to the centre where I'd prefer to see investment go before we extend the centre outwards
I’ve a feeling the cbd will move away from city hall to the riverfront, harbour and titanic quarter as that’s were investment seems to be going. But it’s true the centre needs looked at.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Special planning meeting on 4 November on this, expecting a planning decision, if approved I the the save the market group will try to take it to court again, but the planning report clearly covers their objections.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Planning committee have completed the site visit according to the agenda of the special meeting on 4th November

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The save the market group is in the planning committee and one of the councilors backs them. Still no word on a decision yet. The meeting was being streamed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts