Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
22,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The biggest event this year in Northern Ireland is taking place in Belfast next week.

I'm intending to have this thread serve as somewhere for people to post news article, stories and of course lots and lots of pics :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
The last tall ships festival - while not part of the race - was an excellent day out and judging by the events list this one looks set to be even better.

I don't know if it will be the case this year but the canoeing beside the waterfront was free to try and was really good - hardly anybody seemed to make it this far (as usual 90% of the crowd congregate around 10% of the attractions) it's definately worth checking out.

Looking forward to taking part remotely through everyones pictures and info.

·
22,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was down today and absolutely heaving.

Took a few pics, not many though, mainly ones on-board the ships. I'm working tomorrow but heading down kinda early to get some last pics before heading to work.

Was a fantastic day, so pleased it was such gorgeous weather.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great event but disappointed it wasn't easier to see the star of the show (in my opinion) 'The Bounty'. Obscured on one side by a building site, I had to annoy a lot of people queueing to get on board just to get to the fence so I could get a look.

Would like to see them all come back when the docks area is finished.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The Belfast Telegraph is claiming 800 000 people visited over 4 days, pumping 20 million into the local economy. If true, thats very impressive, and hopefully give City Council a wakeup call to how potentially lucrative the Titanic centenary could be if Belfast plays its cards right (and gets its ass in gear).

·
Registered
148 Posts
People wouldn't use it ... takes a day like this for people to realise whats actually on their doorsteps! Its a shame.
The last time a few of the ships were in Belfast a few years ago the canoes and boating activities were run by a company operating up the Lagan a bit off the Ravenhill Road facing Maysfield.

As far as I know they are still there so it was probably the same company and I used to see people out on boats on Saturdays when I lived there.

So, you see, the stuff is there all the time it just takes you to actually really want to do it - as has been sid, it unfortunately takes a big event to highlight what's available.

Great photos by the way - so pleased that it all went off successfully :banana:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.