SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've scratched my head a few times at the lack of activity not just in the Irish forum but in Dublin development in general. The planners must be a nightmare to deal with, considering how well their economy has recovered there has been precious little redevelopment to get excited about. I really thought their docklands would turn into a Dublin equivalent of Canary Wharf but nothing seems to have happened.
The redevelopment in Cork looks exciting though, hopefully it bears fruit.

·
22,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
There’s a lot of construction going on in Dublin. Nothing particularly ‘exciting’ but they are building a lot. There are major issues with a lack of residential and the lack of tall buildings though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a while and there has been a lot of interesting discussions, i was wondering if any of you's could help with my thesis project for Queens University Belfast surrounding university led regeneration and studentification in North Belfast.

It is a short questionnaire that will take 5 minutes looking residents, students and workers of North Belfast to complete by clicking or copying the link below, allow contributions are anonymous.

Any contribution is much appreciated and if you know of more people willing to participate please forward the link above.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Missed the boat last time, but at least a chance to comment on the general poor appearance of the building. All those awkward angles on the Carrick Hill elevation really don't look great. They also claim it is sensitively designed alongside the Marsh building, but the elevation there has two large portions of blank wall fronting on to Donegall Street... so that claim doesn't stack up.

Doubt it will matter anyway as this just looks like a tick box exercise to try and cram more students into smaller boxes

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hard to get an idea of the elevation in front of St. Patricks, not great I assume.

Not bothered with it being student accommodation beside the uni; but they do seem crammed in there.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Hard to get an idea of the elevation in front of St. Patricks, not great I assume.

Not bothered with it being student accommodation beside the uni; but they do seem crammed in there.
Yeah, there was little detailed renders in their set of documents. This elevation diagram gives you an idea. Not great at all.

ds1
by hypnotoad24, on Flickr

81 - 89 of 89 Posts