SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
On the one hand, its great to get the revamp going. The place is in poor condition. On the other, its a shame to lose what were the more unique tenants. Rockies is the obvious one, but the cinema too- the fantastic themed showings they had on now and again i doubt will continue under a new mulitnational owner. Even allowing the use of a screen to show away matches of the Belfast Giants. Unlikely to continue.

The use of the old Beach Club unit as a STEM development centre sounds interesting though.

https://syncni.com/article/3171/former-belfast-nightclub-could-turn-into-stem-education-centre

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
On the one hand, its great to get the revamp going. The place is in poor condition. On the other, its a shame to lose what were the more unique tenants. Rockies is the obvious one, but the cinema too- the fantastic themed showings they had on now and again i doubt will continue under a new mulitnational owner. Even allowing the use of a screen to show away matches of the Belfast Giants. Unlikely to continue.

The use of the old Beach Club unit as a STEM development centre sounds interesting though.

https://syncni.com/article/3171/former-belfast-nightclub-could-turn-into-stem-education-centre
Wonder what happened their licence? Will another bar open after the revamp?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I thought Stokers Halt were opening in one of those units...
The new bar, restaurant and live music venue taking up the full unit at Block 10 of the Arc Apartments is a Stokers Halt. Their third alongside Holywood and Ballyhackamore.
Pizza Express too. Obviously not happening now given their financial position.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Wonder what happened their licence? Will another bar open after the revamp?
Not just that, there's also the tonnes of sporting memorabilia. I'd love to know where all that is going!

There is a designated bar unit in the revamped plans in the old La Tasca unit... would be great if it could reopen there. If there's a plan to improve the access between the Pavilion and the Arena, its a decent spot for it.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Not just that, there's also the tonnes of sporting memorabilia. I'd love to know where all that is going!

There is a designated bar unit in the revamped plans in the old La Tasca unit... would be great if it could reopen there. If there's a plan to improve the access between the Pavilion and the Arena, its a decent spot for it.
Rockies was a great spot but it just felt a bit dead when the giants weren't playing. I don't see why an American sports bar couldn't work in the city centre proper, especially given the increased interest in NFL and other American sports in Belfast now. Perhaps if it served food it would smash it.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts