SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Better video going around now. If they aim to have this delivered by 2020, there can't be much time left for the Movie House. Haven't come across any definitive closure date yet though.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
840 Posts
I didn't think Kainos employed that many people. Agreed hopefully whatever they propose is high quality although will prob be smaller than the bank more proposal.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I didn't think Kainos employed that many people. Agreed hopefully whatever they propose is high quality although will prob be smaller than the bank more proposal.
Yeah. Current Bankmore proposal can support 3,000 employees. Kainos currently have less than 1,000 employees (probably alot less in their current HQ as many are outsourced anyway). Can see the proposals being downsized or perhaps Kainos will sublease some of the floors... ?
25,000 sq ft on every floor. Pretty massive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There was a spokesman from Kainos on the radio this morning who said that a new office design would be submitted, of approx 120,000 sqft - much less than the last most recent proposal (which was 250,000 sqft I think) which will potentially accommodate up to 1000 people. Kainos currently employ around 650 in Belfast out of 1200 or so globally.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i can only guess that footprint in this context means actual square footage, as opposed to the amount of plot size it takes up. ie, podium will take up the plot, and we will get a skinnier tower (might look taller too) on top.

Or it means they will have outdoor space.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I can see them trying to make cost savings in the design and construction and then ending up with a cheap looking building compared to the original proposal which was really high quality as the original developer intended to lease it out to a high profile multinational to house 3,000 people. Hope I'm proved wrong and it ends up being a high quality gateway building.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I hope so, in the end it is going to be their statement building.

Then again, they did make their staff organise across lots of mediocre buildings for ages.

I hadn't even realised the company was so big, and in particular its Belfast presence.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts