SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
This project isn't part of the university, but it's in the Queen's Quarter so that's close enough to justify putting it in this thread. From Belfast City Council website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi_f_eHcF8I

I'm having problems embedding the video.
PQQ went in for it last week it's a 15 month contract due to start in March, the M&E on it is huge, thats the project team involved

Capita (Property & Infrastructure) - Project Manager
Hall Black Douglas – Architect
Purcell UK – Conservation Architect
WDR & RT Taggart – Structural Engineer
AH Design – M&E Engineer
Sweett Group – Quantity Surveyor
Dillon PM – CDM Co-ordinator
Eden Project – Botanical Advisor
HKD – Interpretative Designer.

·
22,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
22,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Queen's University Belfast has completed restoration and renovation of the former Lynn Library Building. The restored building lay empty for a few years following the competition of the new QUB main library.

The restored building will serve as QUB's new postgraduate and international student centre and will be known as the Graduate School.

It's a bloody stunning restoration!!

·
22,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Work on the new Computer Science building is progressing well. I'll post some images of that next week.

Work is also on-going at the new School of Law and PFC remodelling.

I also got news that work will commence next week to demolish the old science library on Lennoxvale / Chlorine Gardens to allow for construction to start on the new building for the Institute for Global Food Security.

·
22,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Interesting...

QUB seek to procure from developers new-build purpose built student accommodation in Belfast (up to 1500 beds). Site/s with min. of 400 beds
@Belfastgary
I wonder will they include some of the recent announcements or new entirely new projects. The demise of the Holylands as a student mecca may come sooner than we think if QUB and UU start acquiring purpose-built student accom in the city centre.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Interesting...

I wonder will they include some of the recent announcements or new entirely new projects. The demise of the Holylands as a student mecca may come sooner than we think if QUB and UU start acquiring purpose-built student accom in the city centre.
Was a discussion yesterday on radio ulster about the student accommodation in the city so def gaining more prominence. Lets hope the city council hold their nerve and stick to their own strategy doc and don't cave into community reps etc!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Work on the new boathouse is progressing well

Courtesy of Queen's Rowing
That picture's rather old now, the main boathouse building has been reclad and the new pontoon's been installed. Hope the new extension has some wood cladding or at least something other than a flat cream wall and I can't help think an opportunity has been missed to create a rooftop terrace above the new extension, but still an improvement on what it used to be!

(photo taken yesterday by a friend)

21 - 40 of 122 Posts