SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was on yesterday’s planning committees agenda and was far bigger proposal than I first realised. There was no news about it after, but there is another meeting scheduled on Thursday.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What happened with Dalton street it was recommended for approval in the July 2019 planning meeting, but I heard nothing since?

·
Registered
842 Posts
The same thing that happens to all of these proposals, the developers have no money to build them and no one wants to lend them the money either.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can’t find the planning decision on this, the minutes of the meeting on the 13th aren’t available yet. No announcement made but it was recommended for approval.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From having a flick through the latest application, it looks like there are 44 dedicated car parking spaces between 150 apartments. Not sure I would want to be living there without access to a car, very few shops around that area that I can think of. I'm all for building new offices without car parking but not sure public transport in and around Belfast is really good enough for living without access to a car.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From having a flick through the latest application, it looks like there are 44 dedicated car parking spaces between 150 apartments. Not sure I would want to be living there without access to a car, very few shops around that area that I can think of. I'm all for building new offices without car parking but not sure public transport in and around Belfast is really good enough for living without access to a car.
I think they are trying to encourage cycling. The glider service has improved public transport in Belfast and I believe there are plans to expand it. It’s funny we couldn’t get a team system in place due to BT fiber optic cable network (I know one of the people involved in this so that’s how I know).

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think they are trying to encourage cycling. The glider service has improved public transport in Belfast and I believe there are plans to expand it. It’s funny we couldn’t get a team system in place due to BT fiber optic cable network (I know one of the people involved in this so that’s how I know).
However I don’t know the full transport network in that specific area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes true, although the Glider doesn't go past here, there is a bus that probably takes less than 10 mins down to Connswater which has most things you would need. I remember looking into this area when apartments in the Sandford were up for sale (although that building does have a dedicated parking space for each apartment). I've lived in the city centre for around 6 years now and I do cycle, but couldn't imagine doing my shopping without a car or having the freedom to be able to easily leave the city.

·
Registered
11 Posts
couldn't imagine doing my shopping without a car or having the freedom to be able to easily leave the city.
of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people who wouldn't be bothered about these issues, and it is only a short walk into town from there anyway!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Planning committee completed a site visit, so I expect a decision on this in next months meeting, if not in the special one for lanyon central.

The visit was in the agenda for that special meeting

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like that was one of the issues that resulted in a site visit.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Minutes from planning meeting 13th October now up.
The committee agreed to a site visit before the presentation commenced, to acquaint itself with the location and the proposals at first hand. Also to request further information on sustainable travel measures and the travel plan.

The item will be voted on in the next planning meeting 17th November.

As stated above the site visit has now occurred.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In agenda for next planning meeting, after site visits the application is recommended for approval and provides clarity on height as previous report incorrectly stated it was only 11 stories tall. It is in fact 19 with 55m height

1 - 20 of 23 Posts