SkyscraperCity banner

1641 - 1660 of 1757 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Titanic Quarter Ltd Tweeted this on Friday :

"Titanic Quarter‏ @TitanicQuarter · Jun 28
Oohhh what’s this happening in TQ anyone spotted the exciting new addition yet?! "

Anyone know what it's about? (I'm not in Belfast at the moment or I'd go down and have a look)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Titanic Quarter Ltd Tweeted this on Friday :

"Titanic Quarter‏ @TitanicQuarter · Jun 28
Oohhh what’s this happening in TQ anyone spotted the exciting new addition yet?! "

Anyone know what it's about? (I'm not in Belfast at the moment or I'd go down and have a look)
Spotted it on Friday evening but didn't realise it was new! It's in the old bank building across the road from the Titanic Hotel but no idea what it is - presumably some kind of eatery.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Really wish they would tidy up the footpaths and public realm directly opposite the Titanic Hotel and the old Bank. Such a mess of old footpaths, "pot holey" carparks and concrete roads. Not a great site for tourists, especially when they all congregate outside the old bank waiting for the tour bus.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Much rather they keep the grassy area than stick up a cheap and tacky attraction that blocks the view of Titanic Belfast. Surely there are other places this can go?

·
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,651 (Edited)
Looking at that, there doesn't seem to be much of the way of aquarium in it! The article on the telegraph suggests it won't house fish that are unsuitable for aquariums, such as larger sharks

Will be interesting to see what all is proposed in it as the full plans are revealed.
It looks more like an educational centre and it'll likely have a large living reef structure with lots of smaller and medium-sized fish and sea life.

I like the idea, it's a good place for such a thing and it's not large enough to sound the death knell for Exploris, particularly as it won't feature mammals.

Not keen on the location within TQ but I need to see more renders and visuals.

·
COYS
1,708 Posts
Fantastic news! Been hoping for an aquarium to pop up in Belfast for a long time (Geeky interest in tropical/marine fish) and always thought TQ would be an ideal location for one.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im all for more developments in Titanic Quarter but I'm against buildings too close to Titanic Belfast especially if they're grey generic boxes.
That will ruin that approach view and the view of TB from the Arc/Odyssey forever. I live at the Arc and take my dog for a run on that field every day and have grown so attached to the uninterrupted view of such a beautiful and interesting building. I guess im just sad and disappointed.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
The new expansion of the Belfast Harbour Marina at the Arc is currently being installed.
It fairly increases the capacity of the Marina.

IMGP1680
by hypnotoad24, on Flickr

Went past the Olympic House site. The piling rig is gone and there is little evidence it was even there. The site looked like wasteland, with plenty of weeds about the place. Certainly didn't look like any evidence of building getting underway anytime soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great news for the marina extension !

The works done at the Olympic House were only enabling works.
Hopefully the main work will start soon enough!

1641 - 1660 of 1757 Posts