SkyscraperCity banner

1681 - 1700 of 1757 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
This render looks much larger than the previous one. Originally there was Olympic House and a larger financial campus building of some sort. Maybe they have integrated them into a single building now. I can't believe how long it has taken to commence work on this one. Let hope we are not about to see a collapse in office demand with a lot of tech companies reassessing their need for office space.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I don't think there is any change to the land usage anyway, the Financial Campus would have gone directly below Olympic House in the aerial view above, and would run most of the length of the Met. All moot anyway, can't see it ever being built!

You do have to wonder with all the office space underway, how much more is going to be needed in light of current events. Certainly hard to see many new projects getting underway anytime soon.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Come on where would Funderland go? ;)

Only joking, I do agree, it would be nice to have some sort of green space on that side of the offices. I will be an old man before anything gets built there going by the current speed of progress.

Also directly behind Belfast Met, I thought they planned to put sports facilities out there, it would be a great location for sports pitches and fill up a lot of vacant land.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Jesus ****, that is worse than what was there, and I didn't even know Amazon were coming to the area. And why are they located on the tip of a peninsular known for it's traffic jams.
Warehouses are never attractive, not worse than what was there, it’s amazon it was the cheapest location available the harbour, to get shipments.

1681 - 1700 of 1757 Posts