SkyscraperCity banner

1741 - 1760 of 1762 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Lacuna involved... somebody want to remind them they are supposed to be working on the build to rent scheme at Academy Street. 'Completion June 2020' according to their frequently updated... occasionally updated... website. Must be made out of invisible brick.

Anyway, that massing proposal isn't very inspiring. Would like to see less height in general, and one taller element perhaps.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Lacuna involved... somebody want to remind them they are supposed to be working on the build to rent scheme at Academy Street. 'Completion June 2020' according to their website. Must be made out of invisible brick.

Anyway, that massing proposal isn't very inspiring. Would like to see less height in general, and one taller element perhaps.
I think they are limited due to the landmark site beside it, they can’t over shadow it or be too short in comparison.

·
reach for the skies
763 Posts
A lot of smicks hanging around TQ these days, particularly at nights, along with anti-social behaviour. Obviously schools being closed and lockdown restrictions are contributing, but surprised Arc residents haven't been more vocal. Needs to be addressed before the area is adversely affected long-term.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has there been any talk about development of the landmark site in recent years? Or is it dependent on developments like this one taking place first?

·
Registered
42 Posts
A lot of smicks hanging around TQ these days, particularly at nights, along with anti-social behaviour. Obviously schools being closed and lockdown restrictions are contributing, but surprised Arc residents haven't been more vocal. Needs to be addressed before the area is adversely affected long-term.
We've been very vocal. The residents association has been working with the Harbour Police and they're looking for extra resources to step up policing in the area.

I LOVE living here, but since the lockdown it has been really affected by anti social behaviour. Increase in theft at the Spar, lots of glass being broken which has injured dogs, ALOT of littering, bikes being stolen, cars being damaged (the gates of block 10 have been broken and left open for weeks while they wait for parts) a foreign woman was assaulted last week, large crowds gathering intimidating residents etc etc

It's a real problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
800 new apartments in this complex being built in Liverpool, look infinitely better than those plain and ordinary boxes.

But possibly something like this would take away from TB? Im not sure.

Those early drawings look very uninspiring to me and I hope the design changes.

AHR_LEC_090718_fletcher_01.jpg

·
reach for the skies
763 Posts
We've been very vocal. The residents association has been working with the Harbour Police and they're looking for extra resources to step up policing in the area.

I LOVE living here, but since the lockdown it has been really affected by anti social behaviour. Increase in theft at the Spar, lots of glass being broken which has injured dogs, ALOT of littering, bikes being stolen, cars being damaged (the gates of block 10 have been broken and left open for weeks while they wait for parts) a foreign woman was assaulted last week, large crowds gathering intimidating residents etc etc

It's a real problem.
Glad to hear it's being addressed! Have walked the area few times during lockdown and noticed broken glass, vandalism, intimidation, etc. Did see a single security man one night, near the museum, who was simply ignored when he asked them to move on. Haven't been back since at night, but hopefully more resources are made available to get it under control.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad to hear it's being addressed! Have walked the area few times during lockdown and noticed broken glass, vandalism, intimidation, etc. Did see a single security man one night, near the museum, who was simply ignored when he asked them to move on. Haven't been back since at night, but hopefully more resources are made available to get it under control.
Yeah I hope so as the area is beautiful and peaceful. It doesn't need turned into a hub for young ones to wreck and do what they please.

·
22,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,751 ·
I'm hoping the drawings are merely indicative and massing proposals. I'm sure we'll sure further design detail and refinement. It's absolutely essential developments around TB are of high-quality.

I'm not that keen on this site being developed as their are plenty of other sites that could be finished before the grassy area is considered.

I'll reserve judgement until I see much more detailed plans.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm hoping the drawings are merely indicative and massing proposals. I'm sure we'll sure further design detail and refinement. It's absolutely essential developments around TB are of high-quality.

I'm not that keen on this site being developed as their are plenty of other sites that could be finished before the grassy area is considered.

I'll reserve judgement until I see much more detailed plans.
I hope so too but it’s lacuna so it may be even worse.

·
22,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,754 ·
I hope so too but it’s lacuna so it may be even worse.
To be fair the Academy Street proposal is pretty decent and the Dublin Road student block, while not groundbreaking, is pretty good. We may be surprised.....but I'll not hold my breathe.

The fact Belfast Harbour is involved gives me a ray of hope.

·
Registered
624 Posts
To be fair the Academy Street proposal is pretty decent and the Dublin Road student block, while not groundbreaking, is pretty good. We may be surprised.....but I'll not hold my breathe.

The fact Belfast Harbour is involved gives me a ray of hope.
I do like the academy street design to be fair to Lacuna.

1741 - 1760 of 1762 Posts