SkyscraperCity banner

501 - 520 of 535 Posts

·
saulalvarez
127 Posts
Despite the incredible delays, it does look very good and much classier than the renders. The awful red brick student block opposite might even look okay with a more tasteful design on the right of it

·
Registered
331 Posts
Despite the incredible delays, it does look very good and much classier than the renders. The awful red brick student block opposite might even look okay with a more tasteful design on the right of it
I think had this been a private sector build they would have cut corners left, right & centre! So delays are frustrating, but hopefully a lasting legacy for the area.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Flipping heck over 11 years since this thread opened. The excavations seemed to take forever. Maybe UU should have appointed Belfast Harbour to project manage it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Flipping heck over 11 years since this thread opened. The excavations seemed to take forever. Maybe UU should have appointed Belfast Harbour to project manage it.
Just get them to manage the developments across the city they actually follow through after planning permission is given.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Appears to be significant issues with the installation or supply around the glazing, going by the amount of temporary OSB board on the facades.

Wonder what the chances are for a 2021 opening.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think the sections of OSB board will be for aluminium panels rather than glazing. Maybe their supplier has run short of paneling that meets the correct safety standards. Its a massive building but it has taken longer to complete the external facade than I would have expected. I'm sure Covid slowed things greatly. I don't see it completing in 2021 at this rate either though.

501 - 520 of 535 Posts