SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Funnily enough I saw an article about the V&A Dundee a few days ago, I think it's just newly opening. Very nice building. I actually think I like it slightly better than the Titanic building, tho the Titanic building still looks very good.
Had to suffer sitting through the opening of the V&A on BBC2 Scotland with my Dundonian missus on Friday night... and was jealous af the whole the way through. Titanic Museum not a patch on it, I'm afraid.

·
reach for the skies
760 Posts
Pity there isn't more effective CCTV to help identify these hoodlums. Should be used more around the city centre, especially for all the graffiti that goes on.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
As promised the old pictures from Belfast circa 2007

Underwhelming due to bridge in the way - a question about why younger me didn't walk further along but ah well. But you get the picture.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
My eyes are immediately drawn to the ugly wall of the Hilton. I believe the building was designed to be fairly well bomb proof?
Anyway I can see them re-cladding it in the next couple of decades or so, hopefully with a nice glass curtain wall and a new roof to match. Although if the Grand Central reclad is anything to go by then they'll end up making it worse.

In the short term at least ( once the Waterside is up and running) I can see them adding a secondary hotel entrance from the Lagan pathway.

·
22,016 Posts
I may be in a minority but I don't think the Hilton, or the BT building, are that bad in fairness. They're pretty good quality and as mentioned a product of their time. I say we did well with the brick when you look at what Hilton were building in other cities in the 1990's!

141 - 146 of 146 Posts