1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The city of
BELGRADE

Easter 2005

^ The ad in this window certainly wins the "Creep Mila Out" for the year award. I thought it was a giant Serb, my worst nightmare. ;) Hahaha, teasing.

^ Belgrade is now, officially, my favorite Serbian city. :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
^ Ahahaha. I'd be exceptionally well behaved. I respect my responsibilities, when I have any. :) But no thank you. :D I have a suspicious this forum is boring for mods. ;)

EDIT: "I have a suspicious" is such a classic, Milanglish mistake that I'll leave it there. ;) Unless..."you want I should" remove it. :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ By the way, I have a few (and I mean a few, no more than 15) absolutely enormous pictures of Novi Sad (too big for Imageshack.us to host). If anyone knows of a host that will allow more space, or wants me to send them personally, just let me know - please! :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ I can do that, the whole joy in it is having the huge versions where where would normally be 100 pixels in any other photo is full-screen with these. :D But I'll resize them and post them here. :)

·
Српски Ф
5,152 Posts
:banana:

there is a reconstruction going on the 5th pic far in the backround.

I love to see how the city center (again) gets some of the 'Vienna flair' back

Thanks for the pics

I'm a fanatic when it comes to restaurations :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here you go...I kept the original size, just put the quality down to 80%, which dropped the files from 4 MB a piece to roughly 800 KB. I love the 2nd one of the church, you can see every freaking tile in the steeple...and the city hall (?) in the fifth photo, the fascade is just gorgeous!

And the crowning jewel for last (the digicam quality wasn't great at this distance to begin with, but size it down to...say...a desktop background and it's sharp as glass...)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the other pics I have are just different versions of these (horizontal versus vertical, etc). There are also shots of different stained glass windows in the church, and a few more of the river. I'll upload them later!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll upgrade some of the ones I have in this size/quality of Belgrade now. There are too many to do tonight, so I'll just get all the skyscrapers and Sveti Sava church for now. The pictures were taken about a month ago, so it's all very recent.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These pictures (before I had to drop the quality to get them an acceptible size for Imageshack.us) were so clear, you could use them as a test for your monitor/cards. It's like suddenly having a plasma screen computer, they're unbelievably clear.

I cut them down just as much as I had to. That ranged from 50% reduction in quality, to a 7% reduction, depending on the pic:

^ The unusually high levels in the Danube this April.

^ Genex, where the Danube and Sava meet.

^ Walls of the Kalemegdan fortress.

^ CK Building in the distance.

^ CK with a relatively new glass fascade.

^ The Old Palace.

^ Student Cultural Center.

^ Sveti Sava Church.

^ The National Museum.

^ The National Theatre.

^ Knez Mihajlova Street.​

(More to come)

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
29,102 Posts
Fantastic images Mila, once again I think the best presentation of Belgrade yet

·