1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ubahnista
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Is it really true that the GDP of S&M is about 2000 $ ? It looks much more developed and richer!

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I've seen so many pics and they all look very modern and developed.Maybe the unregistered economy is very big in S&M?!The same problem as we've got too.

·
ubahnista
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ you got the point, even now very big parts of our economy is "black", i know only few people in my enviroment having "official" jobs. If you works private (having private company, for example constructing of houses, small shop..) you can earn a lot, biggest part of serbian economy is based on small companies, firms, shops etc.. Biggest factories (owned by state, like Serbian Railways, Jugoslovenski Aerotransport, Zastava Automobili and rest....) are extremely near to bancrupcy. I dont know realy how it does work with money but us, i can tell it only from my experiences, typical example: my neighboor opened a small PC-Service, he worked 3-4 years illegaly until he got enough money for opening a legal pc-shop, now he works legaly and earns 500-700€ (which is realy a LOT !) etc... I can very good imagine that turkey has similar problem.

The point is: GDP isn't all !!

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
We had/have the same problem but the new goverment gives everything in order to decrease the amount of the black economy!I was sure about S&M having huge unregistered economy.According to statsitic S&M is as poor as any african country(okay maybe a bit richer) and Turkey is poorer than Iran.But it's clear to see that both countries are richer than their "official" statistics.Are there any plans to decrease the amount of black economy in S&M?Our goverment takes it very seriuosly!The first time in our history!!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
messiah said:
We had/have the same problem but the new goverment gives everything in order to decrease the amount of the black economy!I was sure about S&M having huge unregistered economy.According to statsitic S&M is as poor as any african country(okay maybe a bit richer) and Turkey is poorer than Iran.But it's clear to see that both countries are richer than their "official" statistics.Are there any plans to decrease the amount of black economy in S&M?Our goverment takes it very seriuosly!The first time in our history!!
VAT was introduced this year, so it should be decreased dramatically. But again, it's not just the black economy that contributes to the inaccuracies of the statistics but also the fact that Kosovo that has a population of 2.2 million contributes almost nothing to the economy (only $1 billion last year).

·
Registered
188 Posts
PyRoMaNiAc said:
Hey, I haven't seen you here a while. What's up?
Being extremely busy lately.......that's the main reason, hehe. I have decided to take a 5 min pause from my work now, to see what's new on the scs.com. Damn.....zillions of unreaded threads, LOL. How are ya all doin'?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.