SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very interesting development and it effects Atlantic Canada more than any other as better chance of passing the budget and thus passing the Atlantic Accord.
I read in the news today that there are 4 Conservative MPs from NF and NS that are bering bombarded from their constituents and their PREMIERS no less to vote with the Liberals or atleast abstain so the budget goes thru to secure the funding from the accord.
Any news in this regard, rumours?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've heard that too, I'm not sure which ridings they're from though. I have a feeling that if they voted with the Liberals, they'd immediately be kicked out of the Conservative Party, then again if there were any other MP's who wanted to switch parties this would be a good time to do it. Then again, didn't the Conservatives decide to support the budget now?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
ssiguy2 said:
Yes, they'll support it but not with the added $5billion to get Layton's support.
However both parts are considered a vote of confidence, and if one doesn't past, they both don't past and the government falls. Just the conservatives playing politics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts