Well, there is only one barricade there, not enough. People can get it at night.What do you mean??
Did you take that seriously? Really??
You want me to remove it??:shocked:
I think maybe by April end, it'll be open both ways.Hi all,
What is the status of flyover on ORR near Devarabeesanahalli (near Sobha Iris)?
How far is it away from completion?
Logically -towards Marathalli should be worked on/delivered first right?Kadubeesanahalli underpass is open, but traffic in the opp direction (towards Marathalli was horribly slow today!!
BANGALORE: Hassle-free parking and commuting may still remain a distant dream in the city. BBMP has put most of its ambitious projects in cold storage because of acute funds crunch. However, there's hope for some of them.
BBMP engineer in-chief BT Ramesh told TOI that despite the crunch, some vital projects will be put on fast track and that list is being prepared. "On yearly basis, we have plans to take up some of the projects. Not all will be affected because of less finances," he said.
The Palike had plans to construct automated multi-level parking facilities at Malleswaram, Gandhi Bazar, KR Market and Freedom Park area to decongest roads choked with 6.75 lakh four-wheelers and 11.25 lakh two-wheelers. This, and the signal-free corridor project, planned to bail commuters out of harrowing traffic snarls, have gone into the shelves.
Over the Rs 5,000 crore was estimated for construction of 12 signal-free corridors across the city a year ago, but the project is yet to take off.
To lessen the burden on BBMP, of the 12 roads identified for widening, two stretches were handed over to BDA - the City Centre to Kengeri via Sirsi Circle (15.5km) and Cubbon Road to Outer Ring Road via Kamaraj Road (8km).
Yet another project affected is construction of a metal bridge on stilts between Minerva and Hudson Circles. The four-lane steel bridge was proposed for Rs 17.5 crore. The 4-lane bridge - 16 metres wide and 310 metres long - would have connected commuters from Race Course Road, Gururaj Kalayana Mantapa towards Harikrishna Road and Seshadripuram railway underbridge. However, there has been no sign of the project taking off for the past one year.
12 signal-free corridors
* Dr Rajkumar Road from Yeshwantpur junction to Okalipuram (5km)
* Chord Road from Mysore Road junction to CV Raman Road (10.5km)
* Magadi Road from Chord Road to Outer Ring Road (3.5km)
* Mysore Road junction to Central Silk Board junction (14.5km)
* Central Silk Board junction to Vellara junction (6km)
* Bannerghatta Road, from IIM-B to Wilson Garden (9.5km)
* Vellara junction to Whitefield via Varthur and HAL (13.5km)
* Agara lake to Sirsi Circle via Lalbagh Fort Road (8.5km)
* City Centre to Kengeri via Sirsi Circle (15.5km)
* Yeshwantpur industrial area to Hebbal, between NH-4 and NH-7, (6.5km)
* Mehkri Circle to Benniganahalli via Jayamahal Road (12.5km)
* Cubbon Road to ORR via Kamaraj Road, Buddhavihar Road, Hennur Road (7km)