Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, wow, here's how rich Manchester has become - we're getting a new Bentley car dealership called 'Bentley Manchester'. It's reportedly being built at a cost of £5 million. I read about it in Didsbury Magazine. Bloody Didsbury again, eh? - all the money. But hang on a minute....Bentley Manchester is going to be in.....KNUTSFORD!

Isn't it wonderful how the brand of Manchester is cherry-picked by the Cheshire set.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Bently? I would've assumed we already had one...

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Heh, well there you go then?

·
Mancunian Member
7,184 Posts
Lambo is meant to be having a showroom in Crown Tower aren't they?!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that's what I read in Didsbury magazine. If we already have one near Old Trafford then it must be for MUFC players to leave their cars for service whilst at work before they drive back home to ...KNUTSFORD!

·
Registered
251 Posts
WOW!! A car salesroom how FANTASTIC is that, the small village my mother lives in outside Blackburn, Rishton has a Bently AND a Lotus dealers, so they cannot be THAT special.

Maybe if we're lucky, after the superdupa Bently garange opens, we'll get an adequate public transport system, decent public lavatories, cleaner streets AND shock horror....a city council that gives a damn about the continuing rise of the city centre popluation, people who have no facilities such as recycling, car parking, doctors, dentists surgeries or schools never mind adequate geen space.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
WOW!! A car salesroom how FANTASTIC is that, the small village my mother lives in outside Blackburn, Rishton has a Bently AND a Lotus dealers, so they cannot be THAT special.

Maybe if we're lucky, after the superdupa Bently garange opens, we'll get an adequate public transport system, decent public lavatories, cleaner streets AND shock horror....a city council that gives a damn about the continuing rise of the city centre popluation, people who have no facilities such as recycling, car parking, doctors, dentists surgeries or schools never mind adequate geen space.
No - a Bentley dealership is much more important!

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well they will have to drop the name "Bentley Manchester".
It won't even be in Greater Manchester!

Best to re-name it "Bentley nowhere near Manchester"

·
Registered
967 Posts
WOW!! Maybe if we're lucky, after the superdupa Bently garange opens, we'll get an adequate public transport system, decent public lavatories, cleaner streets AND shock horror....a city council that gives a damn about the continuing rise of the city centre popluation, people who have no facilities such as recycling, car parking, doctors, dentists surgeries or schools never mind adequate geen space.
What has a private company building a car showroom, got to do with public services provided by the council and it's taxpayers? Also, do you realise only 8 percent of the revenue a council spends, comes from council tax. The rest comes from government top up, local business taxes and other local charges.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What has a private company building a car showroom, got to do with public services provided by the council and it's taxpayers? Also, do you realise only 8 percent of the revenue a council spends, comes from council tax. The rest comes from government top up, local business taxes and other local charges.

Whose saying a private company has anything to do with public services?? I was merely pointing out that SOME people seem to wet their pants over a car dealership opening in the city as if its a royal visit when there are far more pressing concerns such as public facilities/amenities etc. whether or not they are paid for by council tax, government subsidy or an excentric millionaire. Do you honestly think a Bently dealership is some dory of benchmark this city can hold up and brag about.

·
Registered
251 Posts

Whose saying a private company has anything to do with public services?? I was merely pointing out that SOME people seem to wet their pants over a car dealership opening in the city as if its a royal visit when there are far more pressing concerns such as public facilities/amenities etc. whether or not they are paid for by council tax, government subsidy or an excentric millionaire. Do you honestly think a Bently dealership is some sort of benchmark this city can hold up and brag about.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Whose saying a private company has anything to do with public services?? YOU WERE!!

I was merely pointing out that SOME people seem to wet their pants over a car dealership opening in the city as if its a royal visit when there are far more pressing concerns such as public facilities/amenities etc. whether or not they are paid for by council tax, government subsidy or an excentric millionaire. Do you honestly think a Bently dealership is some sort of benchmark this city can hold up and brag about.

Your original argument still doesn't have any point to do with what was being said. The Bentley dealership is a development and the 'state of council services' is not. If you don't like people talking about certain things, you contact everyone and tell them what you would like them to talk about. Take a chill pill. If you are not interested in the subject, then don't reply!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts