SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

In a similar fashion to Trondheimer's My Trondheim thread, I'm starting this thread, where I will be posting photos taken myself. I'll try to add a map as often as possible:)

From wikipedia.org:

Bergen is the second largest city in Norway with a population of 261 311 as of April 1th, 2010. Bergen is the administrative centre of Hordaland county. Greater Bergen or Bergen Metropolitan Area as defined by Statistics Norway, has a population of 383,300 as of November 23, 2010.
Bergen is located in the county of Hordaland on the south-western coast of Norway. It is an important cultural hub in its region, recognized as the unofficial capital of Western Norway and sometimes also referred to as the Atlantic coast capital of Norway. The city was one of nine European cities honoured with the title of European Capital of Culture in the Millennium year.

Map of the boroughs in Bergen:

Quick-links
Here you'll find all the different places i've been taking photos from/of, sorted in boroughs:

Bergenhus
Årstad
Fana

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Elvenes
Borough: Fana

I'm starting off with some uninteresting photos, because I felt i had to start somewhere. This is my neighbourhood, a very uninteresting place, but I'd like to show it to you. Photos are taken around 16 o'clock. (4 PM)

Elvenesveien is surrounded by mostly-lowrises(4-8) stories as well as houses. It is located in the outskirts of the Bergen southern urban area, in the vicinity of Nesttun.

These were refurbished recently, and I have noticed that alot of recently finished refurbishment in other places look exactly like this. E.g Mannsverk @ Landås.

Looking west on Elvenesveien

I have now gone west and around the corner, we are now looking north/north-west. All these apartment-buildings are not typical Fana, as it was it's own municipality before. Fana is dominated by single-family houses as well as rowhouses in the modern parts.

I have now turned back to the Rema 1000 supermarket, and is now walking eastwards.

Just had to put my bus-stop in here. What a shame that it can look like this, there isn't a route-schedule in here!! well well, thats how it is here in Bergen:bash:

200meters from east from the bus-stop

Low commies:eek:hno:

Expect more interesting photos from now on, I just had to start it off :)

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
shit thats where my ex used to live :lol:

the area is quite suburban and thus not very interesting, but there are places far worse :) its at least nice to see that youve got some relatively tall buildings!

ill be looking forward to seeing more pictures, as i know very little about Fana. btw youre lucky to get to use the bybane every day!

nice thread :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
shit thats where my ex used to live :lol:

the area is quite suburban and thus not very interesting, but there are places far worse :) its at least nice to see that youve got some relatively tall buildings!
hahaha. yes, it is a very suburban place, with lots of elders living here. That's what is so great about Nesttun: when people get older, they can simply move to the areas around, and use Nesttun as meeting place and shopping alternative. Some people doesn't have to take the light rail all the way till the city center :)

ill be looking forward to seeing more pictures, as i know very little about Fana. btw youre lucky to get to use the bybane every day!

nice thread :)
Not only Fana, but others as well :) Bybanen is great, the stop is 200 meters outside my school!

·
Scandi-friendly
7,720 Posts
Cool that you're starting your own thread!

Just had to put my bus-stop in here. What a shame that it can look like this, there isn't a route-schedule in here!! well well, thats how it is here in Bergen:bash:
We're no better in Akershus:)

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
theyve been fixing up quite a few ones here lately.. my stretch recently got brand new ones.

i do however wish we had the same kind as they have in oslo.. with one side being entirely covered with advertisement and a digital screen showing when the next bus will arrive. they have that same kind in all big cities throughout europe!

anyway, lets not discuss bus shelters.. :lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theyve been fixing up quite a few ones here lately.. my stretch recently got brand new ones.

i do however wish we had the same kind as they have in oslo.. with one side being entirely covered with advertisement and a digital screen showing when the next bus will arrive. they have that same kind in all big cities throughout europe!

anyway, lets not discuss bus shelters.. :lol:
i guesse you're living in the Landås area then? I've seen they've upgraded some bus stops. The new ones look ugly as it has a blue sign with the name of the bus-stop, which doesn't fit Skyss' profile. compared to Oslo, and even Stavanger, the new ones are shitty:eek:hno:

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
http://i53.tinypic.com/25jwk77.jpg
There's even one like this on the Ring3 in Oslo, no use to stand inside there because the bus will not see you in time to stop... :lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Olav Kyrres gate and Vestre Torggate
Borough: Bergenhus

There was low light at the time I was taking photos, you'll notice it in the photos....

1. Looking down the street. Difficult to see all of it though. (forget about me failing with obstructing sign-post)

2 & 3. Looking at the amazing building called Permanenten.

4. The city hall and the rising Gulating. I think it looks dull, and could have been developed to something remarkable, than remain in the shadow of the city hall.

5. Hotel Norge(Norway, haha). At Nedre Ole Bulls plass

6. Dickens right next to it.

7. Local newspaper BT's headquarters in Vestre Torggate

8. 100 meters up the street from previous photo.

9. same place as #9, turned 180°

10. ...

13. intersection vestre torggate/nygårdsgate, looking down nygårdsgaten.

14. opposite side, håkonsgaten

16.Bohrs gate

17. now up on Sydnesplassen, looking at Øisteins gate

18. St. John's church @ Sydnesplassen (this is actually Bergen's tallest building)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Gotta love the small house of tree in between of the big ones of stone in picture 8, such "poor planning" makes great character.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts