Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
extremely flammable
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to present some pictures of Bergen, second biggest Norwegian city. It's located in the 'natural harbor' at the entrance to the fiord.

Beutifully surrounded by the mountains it's really hard accessible from the land-side. To get there from Oslo you need to either take a rough road through the mountains or a train. It takes couple hours to get through the Scandinavian mountains, but it's worth that: the landscapes are stunning... The train is comfortable and secure but as almost everything in this country: extremely expensive..

It's so much easier to get up, when such a lovely landscape appears outside the window in the morning...
I didn't expect the nice weather. Due to its location Bergen is said to be one of the most rainy places all over Europe...

Old Bryggen

enbankment

The center is located at the beginning of the peninsula presented below

eastern suburbs

reach neighborhood:D

a charmy maze composed of narrow streets, pasages and steps

·
Carpe Diem
1,183 Posts
What a beautifull place! Never heard of it before, I will visit this place for sure!
Thanks for sharing mate!

·
Registered
meow
10,316 Posts
Beautiful! I didn't know it was the second biggest in Norway, looks very cozy and tidy. It's a pitty that it rains so much there heh.

·
extremely flammable
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Bergen is really important, it's ranked just behind Oslo. The population is 250.000 and a bit more in metro area, so it can be considered as a 'big city' according to Scandinavian conditions...

It's called "a Gateway to the fiords", whic reminds of its spectacular location on the western coast of Norway...

It makes it also the biggest port in Norway, serving approx. 50% of cargo handled in this country...

And it rains so much up there,coz all the clouds that come form the ocean side are being blocked by the high mountains jst behind the city, so the can't really get through to 'go' further....

·
Sexy Astronaut
11,813 Posts
Bergen is incredibly cosy, the constant rain adds character imo. :yes:

EDIT: But with that said its not like you'd get anything but- ;)

·
Registered
25,567 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts