Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Zitterd veur ummer
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In July i went for the first time to Berlin, where i stayed for 5 days. My impression of the city is a very diverse city, with many contrast. In this thread i show you both old and new Berlin, and both beautifull but also ugly places. I hope you enjoy!

Berlin-Mitte, the city-center.

Flats near the Alexanderplatz.

New buildings at the corner of the Krfurstendamm.

Slot Charlottenburg.

Abonded factories next to the river the Spree.

The Babelplatz in ‘Mitte’.

The Berliner Dom, a church in Mitte.

The Karl Marx Allee (former east-Berlin). Here you see flat blocks in communism style architecture.

The Reichstag, the parlement of Germany.

The Arkaden @ the Potsdammerplatz.

Kreuzberg, this area has a bit of a bad reputation, but I liked it.

Kreuzberg, everywhere you see graffities.

The Gendarmenmarkt.

After the Chinese wall, maybe the most famous wall of the world, the Berlin wall. Till 1989 this wall divided Berlin (and Germany) in 2 parts. The most of the wall is demolished, but at some parts I still stands.

The fernsehnturm (tv-tower) at the Alexanderplats. With a height of 365 m. the highest building of Berlin.

The Kurfurstendamm, one of the main shopping streets.

The Alexanderplatz.

Near the Alexanderplatz.

Government buildings.

Buildings in Charlottenburg.

Tiergarten, Berlin is one of the greenest cities of Europe. There are many parks.

Kurfustendamm.

Unter den Linden.

I think this is the Pariser Platz.

Karl Marx Alle with in the distance the Fernsehnturm.

Treptow, the tower is the highest skyscraper of berlin.

Kreuzberg, near the Oberbaumbrucke.

The Potsdammer Platz

·
Registered
meow
10,841 Posts
Very complete tour, it seems you missed the Hauptbahnhof and the Brandenburger Gate, but well, the city is not only that, right?

I should have dropped in Berlin at least for a couple of days in my last trip to Europe, at least I could have had a little bit more of this great city. Very good thread, I recognized so many places. And Kreuzberg, one of the biggest Turkish neighborhoods, is a very cool place, many things happen there!

·
Zitterd veur ummer
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Schmidt:
I went with the train to Berlin and the first thing i visited was the hauptbahnhoff. The Brandenburger Tor have i also seen, but i found it a bit to standard to post these pics.

@City-Kelle
thanks for the correction

@Kingofthehill
We went with the U-bahn to Kreuzberg and saw some streets with only ugly looking flatblocks and it looks a little bit getto (near U-bahn Prinzenstrasse). We went of at the station Gorlitzer Bahnhoff and walk to the Oberbaumbrucke, a littel walk of 10 - 15 minutes. This part is the part were the pictures are taken. Older, quite nice buildings, the metro goes on a viaduct (as you can see) and many, many grafities, i liked it. Because i'm also just a tourist and ive seen a littel bit of the area, maybe some inhabitant of berlin can inform you better. But for my opinion, i liked this part of Kreuzberg.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Awesome addition, Go Ahead Eagles! :cheers:

Berlin's skyline, as seen from Victory Column, is really amazing (because of it's diversity and the and the contrast to Tiergarten park)! It will even be more amazing, when there's soon another churchtower (Parochial Church) and the dome of the new/old City Castle added.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts