SkyscraperCity banner

3141 - 3160 of 3253 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hello and welcome you all! Welcome to this ridiculous and beautiful city of Berlin!

Here some pictures from around the Stadt-schloss of Berlin:
This is a new build;

The fake building aka; the "Scaffolding" building is down. The fabric was old and weary:

The massive Ministry of state in behind. The red corner was build by apprentices for training:

Thank you, Mr. Mantikor!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Are they going ahead with this reconstruction? I know there were talks.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The Staatsratsgebäude (State Council Building) you are referring to is a protected monument, they can't just tear parts off of it. The City Palace balcony is an essential part of the building.
A little known fact is also that the balcony only contains very few original elements of the City Palace. It's just like new City Palace mostly a new reconstruction with only some small parts of the original, mainly the statues.
Maybe it would be good idea to put copies in this Staatsratsgebäude portal and insert the original parts (the statues) in the reconstructed palace portal?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
oh what a disappointment, it's going to be assembled into parts. I thought it was going to be hoisted in one piece, like the top of Dresden's cathedral in a solemn ceremony ..

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I thought it was going to be hoisted in one piece, like the top of Dresden's cathedral in a solemn ceremony ..
That is exactly what is going to happen. The hoisted up in one piece part. There will not be a solemn ceremony though. This is not church and no memorial to WW2 and its destruction like the Frauenkirche was.

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,420 Posts
A fire broke out earlier today due to a gas explosion. Fortunately no one got badly hurt, the fire was out really quickly too but the damage to the interior isn't exactly known as of yet. This will probably delay the project for a bit.

View attachment 57245
Leave it, it could use the patina!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Fire in our palace!

The attic burning:

1_0.jpg

Humboldt Forum Rauschschwaden

This is after:

Some asphalt machinery started burning. A small gas bottle exploded a little while later.
The idea was to asphalt over the granite paving to protect the new granite from construction wear and tear for only the construction time. I guess, that did not worked out as expected:

pictures from Schlossbaustelle.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Building the eclectic river facade was out of the question so they put this sympathetic infill in its place. It was designed to blend so that it can easily be replaced if the facade is ever reconstructed. Personally, I would have continued the baroque facades onto this one, even if that’s not historically accurate. Failing that, I would have left it open and had an open courtyard facing the river.

·
Premium Member
JBsam
162 Posts
It just doesn't make any sense, but whatever, it is better than the open field that was there before.

3141 - 3160 of 3253 Posts