SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
meow
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hello everyone :cool:

So last Tuesday I enjoyed the sunny day and pleasant temperature to go for a walk through the city center. It had been a long time since I've done such a thing and I was "wow", I mean, the city changed SO much in so little time! So this is basically my favorite areas of Berlin. A bit touristy I know, but sometimes it's good to enjoy even the tourist spots while you can... (I'm leaving in a month and a half :cry:)

So, there you go:

1 - Friedrichstraße

6 - Still in Friedrichstraße

8 - Unter den Linden

10 - Unter den Linden

13 - Pariser Platz

14 - Adlon Hotel

16 - Quadriga

18 - Walking towards Reichstag

20 - Reichstag, side façade

25 - Politicians' cars? :D

29 - Reichstag, from the other side

31 - Reichstag... the grass area was closed, which left me without angle... :(

32 - And the flag didn't want to move :(

34 - Platz des 18. März

38 - Walking towards Potsdamer Platz

41 - Among the buildings around Potsdamer Platz

46 - Sony Center

47 - Hancock Premiere (Will Smith was there! hahah)

52 - Checkpoint Charlie

53 - And finally, sweet Brandenburger Tor :)

:cool:

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Wonderful photo tour. :cheers:

Does anyone know what this cool neoclassical building is?

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Fantastic shots albeit touristy!

It's amazing to think how much Berlin has changed since the fall of the war. Definitely one of the most underrated cities in Europe.
I don't think it's underrated anymore.
For some years now, it is the third most visited city in Europe, with new visitor records every year.
And in the field of arts it is internationally know as the one place to be right now.
The city gets more and more attention.

Thank you Schmidt for the photos. Die sind echt stark! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Amazing pictures...Berlin should get much more attention than what it actually gets.

BTW, that huge LapTop billboard right next to Checkpoint Charly looks SOOO out of place there!!!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
So interesting...I want to visit Berlin this summer. I just can´t wait!!:banana:

·
18,522 Posts
I don't think it's underrated anymore.
For some years now, it is the third most visited city in Europe, with new visitor records every year.
And in the field of arts it is internationally know as the one place to be right now.
The city gets more and more attention.

Thank you Schmidt for the photos. Die sind echt stark! :cheers:
From an English perspective, Germany was generally rather ignored in the public eye. Most people focused on Spain, south of France, Italy or Greece for their holidays so I still think that Berlin could do with more recognition in the anglophone world. :)

I agree, from digging around non-English sites and from my researches on here, it is very clear that Berlin is one of the most "hip" cities in Europe at the moment, but it doesn't mean that the general public perception is so - but it should be! :lol:

·
Banned
62 Posts
As a magnet for visitors and artists, Berlin started to develop only 6-7 years ago, that´s true. Even Germany was rather known for business traveller.

That is massively changing, among the youngest generation the whole World knows about Berlin being an attractive metropolis. And since the World Cup 2006 the Anglophone world starts even travelling to the German country side.

Guardian - Germany: What's not to like?

Guardian - Mini Guide to Germany

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
From an English perspective, Germany was generally rather ignored in the public eye. Most people focused on Spain, south of France, Italy or Greece for their holidays so I still think that Berlin could do with more recognition in the anglophone world. :)

I agree, from digging around non-English sites and from my researches on here, it is very clear that Berlin is one of the most "hip" cities in Europe at the moment, but it doesn't mean that the general public perception is so - but it should be! :lol:
Hm...though the most foreign visitors come from the US and Great Britain.
Just give Berlin some time...:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts