SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from NYC, what do you think is the overall greatest city in the US, all things considered.

This is not really clear cut because LA is second in population, SF is the second densest major city, Chicago has the second largest skyline, and DC is either the first or second most important city. As you can see you can make an argument for a number of cities, maybe even some I didn't mention, so lets hear it.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Siler City, NC :jk:

Seriously, I don't know. But I'm going to go for the underdog and say.........Philadelphia, PA.

It seems to me that Philly doesn't get the recognition it deserves. The founding of our country took place there (13 original colonies). The city has TONS of history, great skyline, a top 5 orchestra, and many other things it doesn't get credit for.
Plus, it's connected with NYC, B-more, and DC.

I also think that Boston, MA is underrated; especially on this forum. :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Before this operation gets shut down...

Tough one between LA and Chicago. Alot of people would argue to death over this, I give the slight edge to LA.

·
Minneapolis
2,032 Posts
I think Chicago is the second most important city in the US after New York---depending on how you figure in Washington DC (which could easily top the list or not even make the top 5).

·
Paradise Island
3,702 Posts
Greatest for what? To live in? To visit? For having tall buildings? For raising a family in? For being a DJ? For studying bio-engineering?

You will give a different answer depending on your interests. For me it is Minneapolis.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I see the locking of this thread in the near future, but I will go ahead and say Chicago.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
If I say, Chicago... I don't want to know the consquence for saying that... so I say Boston, Philly, or LA... leaning towards LA.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I'll chime in before this thread gets closed.

Overall here is America's most "important" cities

1) NYC or Washington DC
3) L.A
4) Chicago
5) The Bay Area
6) Philly or Boston
8) Houston
9-11) Atlanta or Dallas or Miami?

Am I off?

·
Tastemaker Extraordinare
308 Posts
pottebaum said:
I think Chicago is the second most important city in the US after New York---depending on how you figure in Washington DC (which could easily top the list or not even make the top 5).
Anyone who thinks LA is not the second most important city is so seriously whack-0, they obviously don't know what they are talking about. What is Chicago second in besides tall buildings ??????

·
I Love You... Soraia
27,934 Posts
SILVERLAKE said:
Anyone who thinks LA is not the second most important city is so seriously whack-0, they obviously don't know what they are talking about. What is Chicago second in besides tall buildings ??????

^^ :lol: ehehehehe ofcourse! :lol:

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
SILVERLAKE said:
^
You are a very naive kid.

Second in: Banking, finances, mass transit, convention center (maybe 3rd), busiest airport (back to first place after O'Hare expansion is completed), 1st in rail transportation hub, 3rd in Fortune 500 companies (L.A. is not second btw)......

In global connectivity, both Chicago and L.A. score 12pts as world Alpha cities.

I put L.A. ahead of Chicago in overall importance btw....

·
Tastemaker Extraordinare
308 Posts
UrbanSophist said:
Quit feelin' insecure. L.A.'s a nice town.

LA is not a nice town. It is a beautiful wonderous monster that controls the WORLD!!!!!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts