Charlotte

Auckland
Austin
Edmonton
Perth
Cleveland

·
5,455 Posts
As the title suggested this thread is for all English speaking cities only, so bring it on and list your top 10, 20 or 30 here.
Next: French-speaking skylines thread ?

Top 10 for me

1. New York
2. Chicago
3. Toronto
4. Melbourne
5. San Francisco
6. Los Angeles
7. Sydney
8. Seattle
9. Philadelphia
10. Miami

11. London

·
Banned
1,040 Posts
Next: French-speaking skylines thread ?
Of course not. Do you think France and Mali share as many things in common as Australia and US do, or even France and Quebec? Especially about how their cities look like. And about adding London, well, London's skyline is getting closer and closer to american ones than to other european ones.

We are reaching a certain point where it looks more coherent to put London with America than with Europe (at least according to skylines, not talking about brexit here lol).

Though adding London isn't mandatory. But about replacing Mexico by Australia and New Zeeland, it sounds really more logical to me.

And actually, being from french part of Belgium, why not a ranking with France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland, but the pictures on that thread wouldn't be very impressive haha

·
I Love Chicago!
15,064 Posts
Chicago
New York
Toronto
London
Houston
Sydney
Dallas
Melbourne
Seattle
Los Angeles

Reactions: Zaz965

·
European Federalist
1,207 Posts
And actually, being from french part of Belgium, why not a ranking with France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland, but the pictures on that thread wouldn't be very impressive haha
And at least Québec and Monaco, if you don't want to add French speaking Africa.
It would be a bit less pitiful ! :lol:

·
D & Y
99,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think London has one of the best skyline in the world.

Sure you can open whatever threads you want, either French or German speaking nations skyline would be fine with me.

·
Registered
Da bechunnsch Vögu
2,748 Posts
20 yrs ago nobody here would have put London in their top 10 Anglo-Saxon skylines.
Now many people put in their top 10. In 15 yrs it might be top 5 or more for a lot.
:)

·
I Love Chicago!
15,064 Posts
What about Hong Kong and it's skyscrapers, that was built by Britain, then it was handed back to China few years ago
So 22 years is "a few"?

Also, it's too bad that the off-topic posts were deleted in the North American thread, now we'll never know who it was that suggested this topic (unless Yellow Fever wants to go back to find that person :D).

Reactions: Zaz965
1 - 20 of 3787 Posts