SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Web Traveller
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chinese forumers,

I recently stumbled upon a degree option at UNSW which gave students the option to study 2 years in UNSW and another 2 years at Tongji University in Shanghai, China. for the dual degree of Bachelor in Architecture from both Unis. According to UNSW and some googling, Tongji University is one of the top University in China for Architecture.

My question to the chinese forumers are:
1. Do you agree with the statement that "Tongji has one of the best Architectural Faculty in China?", and
2. In your knowledge "what are the top 10 Architectural and Civil Engineering university in China"?

·
A One and a Two
32,473 Posts
^^

1. Yes, I totally agree. Tongji would be the No.2 University in China for Architecture and Urban Planning Studies only after the Beijing-based Tsinghua University (No.1).
2. I'm not sure about Civil Engineering. For Top 10 Universities for Architectural Studies though, please see the list below:

Top 4:
  • Tsinghua University / 清华大学 (Beijing)
  • Tongji University / 同济大学 (Shanghai)
  • Southeast University / 东南大学 (Nanjing)
  • Tianjin University / 天津大学 (Tianjin)
From 5th to 8th:
  • South China University of Technology / 华南理工大学 (Guangzhou)
  • Chongqing University / 重庆大学 (Chongqing)
  • Harbin Institute of Technology / 哈尔滨工业大学 (Harbin)
  • Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology / 西安建筑科技大学 (Xi'an)
Those Universities' Architecture Schools above are so called The Old 8 Architecture Schools / 建筑学老八校 in China.

Other Universities' Architecture Schools worth mentioning are:

• Zhejiang University / 浙江大学 (Hangzhou)
  • Huazhong University of Science and Technology / 华中科技大学 (Wuhan)
  • Dalian University of Technology / 大连理工大学 (Dalian)
  • Shandong Jianzhu University / 山东建筑大学 (Jinan)
  • Shenzhen University / 深圳大学 (Shenzhen)
  • China Academy of Art / 中国美术学院 (Hangzhou, the Architecture School's Dean is China's only Pritzker Prize Winner, Hangzhou-based Architect Wang Shu / 王澍 )

·
Web Traveller
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^

1. Yes, I totally agree. Tongji would be the No.2 University in China for Architecture and Urban Planning Studies only after the Beijing-based Tsinghua University (No.1).
2. I'm not sure about Civil Engineering. For Top 10 Universities for Architectural Studies though, please see the list below:

Top 4:
  • Tsinghua University / 清华大学 (Beijing)
  • Tongji University / 同济大学 (Shanghai)
  • Southeast University / 东南大学 (Nanjing)
  • Tianjin University / 天津大学 (Tianjin)
From 5th to 8th:
  • South China University of Technology / 华南理工大学 (Guangzhou)
  • Chongqing University / 重庆大学 (Chongqing)
  • Harbin Institute of Technology / 哈尔滨工业大学 (Harbin)
  • Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology / 西安建筑科技大学 (Xi'an)
Those Universities' Architecture Schools above are so called The Old 8 Architecture Schools / 建筑学老八校 in China.

Other Universities' Architecture Schools worth mentioning are:

• Zhejiang University / 浙江大学 (Hangzhou)
  • Huazhong University of Science and Technology / 华中科技大学 (Wuhan)
  • Dalian University of Technology / 大连理工大学 (Dalian)
  • Shandong Jianzhu University / 山东建筑大学 (Jinan)
  • Shenzhen University / 深圳大学 (Shenzhen)
  • China Academy of Art / 中国美术学院 (Hangzhou, the Architecture School's Dean is China's only Pritzker Prize Winner, Hangzhou-based Architect Wang Shu / 王澍 )
Thanks for the feedback. Wow, The Old 8 Architecture Schools / 建筑学老八校 I guess it means a degree from Tongji will be highly valued in China. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts