Skyscraper City Forum banner

Shard or Bishopsgate ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
You will know already that I am no fan of the Pinnacle - which in my opinion a rather poor and crass building. Therefore it is not to considered against the undoubted quality and integrety of the Shard. As Darjole said the Pinnacle will date quickly, and I think badly. I am actually starting to dread it going up.

·
Futurist
38,705 Posts
The Pinnacle is a world class project and will be a stunning addition to the City - adding some proper height, and really bringing the cluster together. Its cladding is going to be exceptional and the public realm at ground level will be transformed.

The Shard though will be nothing short of phenomenal. I think it was Langur who described it as "one of the finest buildings in world history", and I agree with that sentiment. :) Each day, as my bus rides over Waterloo Bridge and through Southwark, I try to imagine it standing there in the distance. It will be visible from so many places around the capital - soaring, glittering, fabulous...... and will inspire generations to come.

·
Blood, sweat, gravy, egg.
1,533 Posts
Here Here! The Shard is going to be an outstanding building, everytime I see a church spire now I sort of imagine what it would look like 300m tall and appearing as if its made of crystal! cant wait...

I think I like the Pinnacle, given time though I'm sure I could think of other buildings I'd rather see in its place...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts