Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take your pick from the three:

-NOW Broadband TV
Are they related to NOW - Network of the World in the UK??? Becuase they use the same logo. Anyone know about it? Also, is the channel still alive?
-HK Cable TV
Owned by i-CABLE group
-Hong Kong Broadband Network HKBN
IPTV carrier with the fastest broadband internet known to the country (1 Gbps).

Take your pick :)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I watch the HK-CATV since 1994 and I like the News Channels (mainly the CATV News Channel, sometimes the others) as I like their reporting method.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure how to classify TVB Payvision (since I'm not from Hong Kong) because last time I checked, it is a channel lineup package of the TV service providers.

I know that Now Broadband TV offers this but I'm not sure if the rest do....because from my three-day vacation/leisure stay in HK, I've only seen seen two TVB channels from HK Cable TV by i-CABLE: TVB Jade (the Chinese channel) and TVB Pearl (the "international" channel). I can't tell since the hotel I stayed at was only a 3-star hotel (by HK standards) so it's obvious that the hotel didn't buy ALL channels within the lineup.

As for my say on how the three Digital TV service providers are ranked, it goes by the following order:

1)NOW Broadband TV
Fastest growing providers of Digital TV in Hong Kong SAR and their effective use of Fiber Optic technologies for use as Broadband Internet (Netvigator service) does wonders to the company. I think right now, Richard Li's company already offers 1 Gbps internet speed (which is 1000 Mbps) and is planning to start launching HDTV services in HK with support for up to 1080p resolution and support for MPEG-4 video codec.

I also prefer NOW (if I were a Hong Kong citizen) because they currently broadcast Animax with up to FOUR audio languages (English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese) along with a choice of up to FIVE subtitle text languages (English, Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian and Thai).

I don't think any offer provider offers that atm.

2) Hong Kong Broadband Network
The offer service provider that also uses Fiber Optic technology and has a package of 1 Gbps = 1000 Mbps of broadband internet.

3) Hong Kong Cable
The underdog but at least they are way better than the cheap and lousy TV services we have in my home country. That's all I can say I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts