Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in examples mostly for large-scale applications like skyscrapers, but other buildings with exceptional glazing systems are welcome too.

So far, I think by far the best glass on a skyscraper is on the Shard in London:

By nauticat

On a low-rise application, my favorite is incidentally, also in london - the One New Change shopping mall. The glass isn't as perfectly-flat as in the Shard, but I love what they did with the muted gradient.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4921610966_b792bbd05a_b.jpg

Vancouver's best example pales in comparison. Norman Foster's Jameson House condo. The concrete will eventually be covered by dark spandrel panels lining up with the window mullions.

by ckkelley, SSP

·
Skyscrapers to the stars
972 Posts
The Christchurch Art Gallery, after the 7.1 magnitude earthquake!

By mattbennett at 2010-10-26

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The quality of the above glass is rather questionable (distortions all over the place), as well as the example in Malaysia. I'm not that familiar with Boston, so maybe that's the best glass Boston has? I tend to be biased against mullions tho..

·
Registered
13,423 Posts

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for sharing that. I can't believe they covered up such unique columns with the dark glass. Moreover the footprint of the building almost looks too regular compared to the irregular structure.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,185 Posts
@dleung
I dont see why the shard would have the best glazing "by far"
I mean... it just glass.. thousands of buildings has the same...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
V Tower by Wiel Arets

University Library Utrecht - Wiel Arets

Cottbus Libary - Herzog & de Meuron (double sided printed glass)

Nelson-Atkins Museum - Steven Holl

Instituut voor Media en Geluid Hilversum - Neutelings Riedijk (3d textured glass)

1 - 20 of 128 Posts