Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As an answer to the popular "Best skylines in EE", and the many discussions on that, that thread is only for Warsawa, Moscow and some few other cities - I thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread where all EE countries can contribute with something...

The idea is to unite, all interesting quality highrise-developments in EE (built,approved,U/C) - in one single thread. The idea is not to show every single project in the respective countries (as the thread would be over-flooded with too many projects), but only high quality towers with interesting design, with at least 15 - 20 F ...

Skyline-master plans, can also bee presented...

The reason i start this thread, is because after my opinion, a nice tower doesnt only mean a high skyscraper above 150m... quality and innovative design is equally important.. I have the same opinion about "nice skylines" - the way the cluster is planned, quality of the towers and design etc is as much important as the height..

Reason number two for starting the thread, is that it gives the chance to all EE countries to participate in the thread and show off the best highrises (as many have interested highrise developments going on)...

So, come on... show off the best highrises in your country (and only the best, not everything that is getting built)!!! :cheers:

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Well for Kyiv the best one so far has been Parus, 33 floors, about 130 meters, already built:

·
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ thats what im talking about... that building above has all the elements that makes a nice scraper.. height, quality, nice design...
I especially like the "classic" first 2/3 floors, and how its combined with a glass fascade.. very nice :cheers:

·
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Tirana, Albania - Tirana International Development (TID) Tower

Architect: studio "51n4e"
Height: 85 m
Floors: 27
Underground parking floors: 3
Other: The tower is part of the masterplan for Tirana city center. This tower will be the first constructed, out of 10 towers planned for Skanderbeg square

Shape:

Fascade:

Interior:

Additional info about the project here: http://urbania21.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77

·
voyageur
11,693 Posts
Russian Avant-Garde - proposed;
Click on a photo to enlarge
According to the concept of the multifunctional complex Russian Avant-Garde, it will be an architectural sequential of the trend in Russian modern art with the same name, originated by the famous artists of the beginning of the XXth century. Five towers, which were intended to be the symbol of Russian avant-garde spirit in Moscow, are located in the neighborhood to the biggest exhibition centers of the capital - the Central House of Artists, the Tretyakov State Gallery and the Park of Art. The front of each tower is to reflect the work of the following avant-garde Russian painters: Kandinksy, Rodchenko, Popov, Malevich and Exter. After visiting the Tretyakov State Gallery people will see masterpieces of Russian avant-garde artists, embodied in architecture.

This 18-storeyed modern residential complex with penthouses, hotel, apartments, fitness and SPA centers, restaurants, luxurious boutiques, art galleries and underground parking is built and designed according to the latest construction standards. In April, 2005 the Public council of Moscow Architectural committee was held, where Moscow mayor Yuriy Luzhkov underlined the importance of the Russian Avant-Garde project for Moscow)

Address: 5, Krimskaya Naberejnaya
Number of floors: 18
Total area: 65.000 sqm
Parking: 324 cars
I nominate the left one :)

·
Banned
749 Posts
Sea Towers

The Sea Towers is an mixed-use skyscraper complex currently under construction in Gdynia, Poland. Construction commenced on May 10, 2006 and it is slated for completion before February 28, 2009. When completed it will be 138 meters tall (below 150m, sorry...but i love this tower).

·
Super Moderator
11,305 Posts
I think we should be clear and do like for the other thread, and accept only pictures of built towers, and not of renders of projects, even if they are approved.
That way we can start with what we already have, and the thread can grow as more buildings are completed, without having to go over and over the same buildings and renders

·
voyageur
11,693 Posts
I agree, the renders should be prohibitted.
Only built highrises!:)

·
off
5,308 Posts
This one is the smallest project between those that I have in mind but I really like it ! From those windows on the top (of the boss ?) you have an image similar to that one of Central Park, NY because in front of CGP is a very large & nice park !

CHARLES DE GAULLE PLAZA - BUCHAREST - EUROPEAN STEEL DESIGN AWARD 2005

·
voyageur
11,693 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.