SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what area of the city could you view downtown or any other part of Los Angeles From? :eek2: :sleepy: kind of like a lovers-point area views.*

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this hill out in Playa del Rey...doesn't have a view of the city, but its right next to where LAX runways extend close to the ocean. It has a great view of the ocean, with the hill overlooking Dockwiler Beach. It's pretty surreal, to see the sunset on the ocean and have 747s taking off right next to you...I think the name of the street is Sandpiper Ln.

·
Registered
11 Posts
best views of los angeles

The bar/restaurant at the top of the former-Transamerica now-SBC Building is a great place to catch views of Los Angeles. It's downtown, but far enough away from all the other tall buildings that you can get great unobstructed views of the entire basin in all directions.

If you don't mind a view where you're in the midst of all the skyscrapers, check out the revolving bar at the top of the Bonaventure Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. I think a full revolution takes about an hour, not sure, I was under the influence of a few drinks that come in a souvenir glass. I can heartily recommend those as well.

You can also take the 105 freeway heading east and take the HOV lane onto the 110 freeway. If you're afraid of heights don't do it, it feels like you're flying through the air. Great aerial views.

I will be posting some pictures on my blog from my sister's wedding. The ceremony was at a penthouse apartment with amazing views of the downtown skyline. So you can ignore the people and look at the views behind them. The pics should be up later tonight, I've got 500+ pics to slog through so it might take me a while.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey 5thandspring I was at the Beach boys Histirical landmark dedication yesterday in Hawthorne, and i drove thru the 105 and the 110 interchange. great views. i agree with you.

·
Registered
404 Posts
redspork02 said:
Hey 5thandspring I was at the Beach boys Histirical landmark dedication yesterday in Hawthorne, and i drove thru the 105 and the 110 interchange. great views. i agree with you.
OMG....whats this world coming to? A beach boys landmark in hawthorne of all places. Wow...and right down the street from my church.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah its on 149th? street next to a freeway.
its where the beach boys home was.
not the best place for a plaque.
the house dosent even exist, it was demolished to make the 105 freeway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts