Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Introduction:
Not only do hotels serve a functional purpose in our cities, but often they are some of the most prominent and beautiful buildings and are always one of the first impressions of your city a traveller receives!

In this thread, we will nominate our hotels.

Nominating Guidelines:
  1. Note: I hope I don't have to define what a hotel is, but I want to mention to only include hotels, not "resorts" that are getaway destinations in themselves.
  2. Make sure to include the official name of the nomination, as well as where it is located - city, and country.
  3. All nominations require pictures to accompany them. Post pictures only, not links to websites with pictures. Post only the best pictures that represent your nomination accurately, and in the best way possible. Avoid posting large pictures or panoramas, instead include links to them.
  4. Only two (2) nominees per country are allowed. Therefore, choose only the most distinctive, exceptional nominees. Basically, the best in the country! It's a good idea to discuss the nominations with your fellow countrymen, and posters, so that everyone comes to an agreement about what should be nominated. If more nominees are posted per country, only the first two will be considered.
  5. Since there are only 15 spots on the poll, the first 15 valid nominations will be submitted. To avoid disappointment, post your nominations as early as possible. To make sure that your nominations are not late, you can even post the nomination without any pictures first, and edit your post later. Another suggestion is to edit your old posts, instead of creating new posts, so you can keep your original position.
  6. The guidelines are here to make sure that everyone enjoys this installation, while keeping it fair - please follow them.
  7. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hotel Amerika/Park Princeva, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Hotel Amerika and Park Princeva are affiliated with each other; Park Princeva is the official cafe of Hotel Amerika, so I've posted both. I assume it's okay to post hotel facilities that are off-site, if not, just let me know.

Hotel Amerika exists in a glorified Bosanska Kuca, or traditional Bosnian house. It is a small hotel, simple and beautiful. If you're going to stay in Sarajevo, you might as well stay in Sarajevo. Authentically.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ If SiCG decides to nominate Hotel Moscow, let me know - I so many huge, high-quality pics of it, the Americans will think I'm preparing an attack. :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAARRRRRRGH! LEEEGGEEEEEEENNDDDAAAAA :D :crazy: :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
You've got to be kidding me! Name me one other city with a building colored like bananas and coconuts as it's icon? :D

The Holliday Inn Sarajevo is a city legend and the most recognizable building in our part of the world this side of Genex.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ I wish I had a pic of the inside. People don't realize the inside is actually pretty cool. The Hotel is almost like a hallow cube. The inside is a HUGE atrium that goes from BELOW ground level right to the ceiling, with a glass roof. It has to be the largest atrium in BiH, maybe in SEE.

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This thread wouldn't be complete without "Hotel Ukraina" in Moscow. So that's my nomination. I have tons of pictures, I will post later, but for now:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ *Mila puts on a "HOTEL AMERICA" hat, and sits in a HOTEL AMERICA chair beside a highway filled with HOTEL ODESSA-labelled transport trucks*

*whisper* Go Sarajevo! *whisper*

·
Registered
572 Posts
Let's not kid ourselves. Sarajevo is the clear winner.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
HOTEL GRANDE BRETAGNE, Athens Greece

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
EPIRUS PALACE, Ioannina Greece

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
I nominate (if fellow Serbs agree)

Aleksandar Palas Hotel, *****, Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro

Sveti Stefan Hotel, *****, Sveti Stefan Island, Serbia & Montenegro

The reason why I didn’t put Hyatt and Int. Cont. is because they are too international. These hotels are unique to Serbia.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.