SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Philadelphia being one of the oldest cities in America and the countries original capital city, has more of a European culture and this is reflected in it's historic architecture and many town and row houses. :eek:kay:

·
Banned
5,852 Posts
In the US, I think Boston, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago and St. Louis.

In the world, no doubt London.
that's of course because of your preference. In North America by the shown pics, liked Quebec only, could be in Europe. As for US/UK it seems it fits your taste, following your comment, not mine.

in Europe, by the presented pic, liked Amsterdam, not a surprise, the canals are just wonderful.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
that's of course because of your preference. In North America by the shown pics, liked Quebec only, could be in Europe. As for US/UK it seems it fits your taste, following your comment, not mine.

in Europe, by the presented pic, liked Amsterdam, not a surprise, the canals are just wonderful.
Easy trigger, nobody is denying Amsterdam is a wonderful city, it's within easy reach of London by train.

Amsterdam is a wonderful city, and one I really enjoy visiting.

It is also a city that I know Philadweller likes, as he has visited the city and put photos of Amsterdam on this site previously.

Finally London also has extensive canals, with big townhouses and terraces lining the regents canal around little venice, in the east end at Limehouse and the Grand Union canal runs through the new Paddington Basin Development in London. You can find details of Londons canals here - http://www.londoncanals.co.uk/

I am also pretty sure Paris has some of the most elegant townhouses in the world. If ever there were a beautiful city it is Paris.

Cafe La Villa in London's Little Venice is a nice place to stop for a coffee.

All the best. :) :cheers:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philadweller
"In the US, I think Boston, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago and St. Louis. "

In the world, no doubt London.

"that's of course because of your preference. In North America by the shown pics, liked Quebec only, could be in Europe. As for US/UK it seems it fits your taste, following your comment, not mine.

"in Europe, by the presented pic, liked Amsterdam, not a surprise, the canals are just wonderful."

Hey there are tons of fantastic rowhome cities I was just limiting this to my own country. I forgot to add San Juan.

Any of the US cities that I listed can pass for Europe as well, not just Quebec City. Quebec City resembles Brittany.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wow London has so many magnificent rows! Thanks for those wonderful photos! :eek:kay:

Yes Paris is beautiful with its rows of apartment buildings. But I want to see rows of homes? Are there any? :)

Please post more of Amsterdam rows homes too. What about other cities in Europe? South America or Asia?

·
Administrator
77,952 Posts
I'm enjoying the pictures! It would be very difficult to say which city has the most beautiful townhouses, as there are so many... Paris and London spring to the front, but Boston, Philly and New York also have some beauties. I think the nicest in Canada are probably in Montreal.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments :eek:kay:

As for Paris, I will leave it up to the Parisian Forumers to post some good pics of Paris Town Houses. :)

LONDON

Modern London Townhouses

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Modern Terrace Housing and Terrace Town Houses have once again become fashionable, with schemes such as this one at Balkerne Heights in Colchester in England.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Just saw a special on Lyons, France. That city has some fine rowhomes too. Stockholm, Sweden too...ohh and Sydney, Australia seems to have an abundance of sweet rowhomes.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Just saw a special on Lyons, France. That city has some fine rowhomes too. Stockholm, Sweden too...ohh and Sydney, Australia seems to have an abundance of sweet rowhomes.
Sydney will have, it has many British influences such as terraces in parts of the city.

In Britain we are trying to regenerate old terrace streets in our Northern Cities, an example that North Philadelphia would do well to follow if it is to move forward and out of poverty.

http://www.urbansplash.co.uk/chimneypotpark/

http://www.designforhomes.org/hda/2008/shortlist/complete.html

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I always forget how much I absolutely love Boston. I need to get back there, it's just an amazing city. Beautiful.

I have a place in my heart for Amsterdam's as well. They're awesome to look at as you walk the canals, and of course London's are top notch as well.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
This is quite an attractive and unusual building in Kensington (London), it was formerly home to the Royal College of Organists.

21 - 40 of 173 Posts