SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
In Time
3,070 Posts
Great topic. London and Boston sure have good looking rows. But NYC sure has plenty of nice ones too. These photos comes from my walking tours that I had posted in the past. So I am very limited to some neighborhoods unfortunately. But here are the neighborhoods in NYC that I have been to so far. NYC tends to have a lot more combinations of townhouses and they can be next to many apartment mid rises and high rises. On one street there will be many different architectural type of buildings. In Brooklyn, Townhomes/Brownstones rows can take a full street. In Manhattan most of it is a mix environment.

West Village (Manhattan):

Washington Heights (Manhattan):

Central Harlem (Manhattan):

Downtown (Brooklyn):

Brooklyn Heights (Brooklyn):

·
Registered
2,438 Posts

Sylvia Plath committed Suicide in this house in London at nearby 23 Fitzroy Road on the 11th February 1963. 23 Fitzroy Road was once lived in by W.B Yates hence the blue plaque.

:(

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Brook Street, London - George Fredrick Handel and Jimi Hendrix have blue plaques next to each other, as they both lived on the street in neighbouring flats but centuries apart.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There are some very impressive pictures in this thread. London is amazing!

We call them terraces houses in Melbounre. I found these pictures of Melbourne "terrace house" at Wikipedia here.

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts
I f*cking love Coronation St.

Not quite as much as I love Eastenders though.

·
囧!
10,883 Posts
There aren't an abundance of row homes (except for ugly ones built in the 60-80s) in Scandinavia, but here are some nice Copenhagen row homes;

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
^ I agree about the dullness. But I am sure they are expensive.

Also thanks for those nice NYC ones krull. Do you have any from the Upper East Side or Upper West Side? Thanks.

Waiting for more cities. France? Spain? South America? More Asians too. :)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Some of these are clearly not rowhomes. Rowhomes were never intended to have garages at street level and they are not meant to be gated off.

41 - 60 of 173 Posts