Skyscraper City Forum banner
9201 - 9220 of 24988 Posts

·
5,399 Posts
Best highrise cities (German-speaking area)

1. Frankfurt am Main

P1060394F - Frankfurt Skyline by JB Fotofan, auf Flickr

2. Vienna

IMG_0020 by ilgatto88, auf Flickr

3. Berlin

Berlin Skyline 2014 by Beschty, auf Flickr

4. Cologne

Foto: © Raimond Spekking / CC BY-SA 4.0

5. Munich

stadtbild-deutschland.org

6. Düsseldorf

7. Hamburg

Elbphilharmonie by Yanzie2012, auf Flickr

8. Essen

Quelle: http://www.derwesten.de

9. Dortmund

Panorama Dortmund City by Torben, auf Flickr

10. Bonn

Skyline by Mundus Gregorius, auf Flickr

11. Basel(Skyscraper bonus ;))

Basel Grenzacher Horn Skyline by Tom Mark, auf Flickr

12. Mannheim

source: http://kallebloggt.de/2013/05/31/125-meter-uber-dem-meer/

13. Zürich

Buildings and more buildings by jaeschol, auf Flickr

14. Leipzig

Die Skyline von Leipzig by Norbert Kaiser, auf Flickr

15. Offenbach

source: Adama (DAF)

16. Bremerhaven

Bremerhaven Skyline ... by Nord-Regen, auf Flickr

17.Linz

Höhenrausch by Robert, auf Flickr

18. Hannover

DSCF3869.jpg by malefixjan, auf Flickr

19. Eschborn

Quelle: http://hessenschau.de/orte/eschborn-100.html

20. Nürnberg

by canonistan, auf fotocommunity

21. Halle/Saale

Magistrale in Halle(Saale) district Halle-Neustadt by gynti_46, auf Flickr

22. Jena

Jena City by ingo.schuster, auf Flickr

23. Bochum

P1080062 by Kostik -Ruhr, auf Flickr

·
Premium member
11,007 Posts
^
I refuse to accept Essen as a skyline city. Nothing more than a high rise and bunch of ugly office blocks. Sorry. Don't even want to start with the rest of Germany. Some scattered highrises at best.

Barcelona and Madrid also have no real skylines. Nothing but a few skyscrapers, that's it. When you visit Barcelona you never get the feel of a true skyline. You only see here and there individual towers. That's not a skyline.

Of course you can take a photo from a particular angle to make it look dense but in most cases it has nothing to do with reality.

London, Paris, Frankfurt, Rotterdam, Moscow (can inlclude Yekaterinburg), Istanbul, and Warsaw are the only real European skyline cities.

·
Viva España!
152 Posts
Barcelona and Madrid also have no real skylines. Nothing but a few skyscrapers, that's it. When you visit Barcelona you never get the feel of a true skyline. You only see here and there individual towers. That's not a skyline.

no, this is not a skyline; a couple of spared skyscrapers, yes... :crazy:

the same as Madrid, who can call this a skyline? :poke:

Whatever...

London, Paris, Frankfurt, Rotterdam, Moscow (can inlclude Yekaterinburg), Istanbul, and Warsaw are the only real European skyline cities.

Well, that's just your personal opinion. Aha so Benidorm also hasn't got a "real" skyline , don't it? (it's not maybe the best "quality" but here we are talking about skylines and skyscrapers, not about how beautiful they are, but that's another personal opinion, as I know many people who like them and I also like most of them. Specially buildings like Torre Lugano).

Whatever... I won't make an internet battle with anyone. If that's your opinion.. Ok! :cheers:

·
Viva España!
152 Posts
Munich has 6 skyscrapers (100m) ;)
True, I did forget that. The BMW building is also a skyscraper, and the HVB-Tower doesn't appear to be but it has 120m! :lol:

Anyways Munich is very beautiful, I've been there for 5 times at the moment (I will be back in the next month), the city center has Marienplatz and all the surrounding area which is sooo beautiful, it's very cultural and historical and it's architectural clashes between gothic, classic architecture and the modernity of Germany are amazing. Konigsplatz is also tremendous, Munich is a city to enjoy from a street view, it doesn't need any skyline in my opinion. :eek:kay:

9201 - 9220 of 24988 Posts