Skyscraper City Forum banner

What is the Southeast's best Nat'l Park?

• Big Bend Nat'l Park, TX

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Biscayne Nat'l Park, FL

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Dry Totugas Nat'l Park, FL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everglades Nat'l Park, FL

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Great Smoky Mountains Nat'l Park, NC-TN

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Guadalupe Mountains Nat'l Park, TX

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Hot Springs Nat'l Park, AR

• Mammoth Cave Nat'l Park, KY

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Shenandoah Nat'l Park, VA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well then, what is it?

Also, feel free to share your experiences at these parks. They're all great, I'm sure.

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: South Carolina has a national park? :eek:

I had no idea. Sorry, I was just listing out of the 2004 World Almanac.
Is the park relatively new?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I haven't been to all of these, but I'd have to think that either the Great Smokies or Shenandoah would offer the most breathtaking scenery.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd have to say that the Smokies are pretty amazing, but the entire region is at risk due to rising pollution problems. The 100-mile vistas common until the mid 20th century are now a thing of the past.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
yup, the smokies have gone downhill in the past 20 years. still a great park, but sad.

Congaree's pretty cool, too.

-

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
orulz said:
I'd have to say that the Smokies are pretty amazing, but the entire region is at risk due to rising pollution problems. The 100-mile vistas common until the mid 20th century are now a thing of the past.
Really? I went there about two years ago, and we were able to see Mount Mitchell from Clingman's Dome.

·
Registered
169 Posts
How about the good-ole Okeefenokee Swamp in South Georgia. There are tons of habits in this park and it has some of the highest diversity of Plant/Animal life in the continental USA. The Everglades is amazing too, and thats what I voted for.

·
Uptown Bound
1,198 Posts
I voted for the Smokies, but I also liked the Everglades, and Congaree was ok when I visited about 10 years ago, I remember seeing lots of snakes and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. It was rough.

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scguy said:
How about the good-ole Okeefenokee Swamp in South Georgia. There are tons of habits in this park and it has some of the highest diversity of Plant/Animal life in the continental USA. The Everglades is amazing too, and thats what I voted for.
The Okefenokee isn't a Nat'l Park, it's a "Nat'l Wildlife Refuge" or something like that.
Though this gives me an idea for another thread. :naughty:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts